Chapter Twenty-Five.

A/N-In this chapter, there will be a phone-call conversation. I have put these in bold so you can decipher between the main text and the phone conversation.

Hope you enjoy!

****

"What are we dealing with here?" A nurse asked, wheeling the trolley away from the paramedic who was in the ambulance with us.

"Middle aged man named Michael Byrne. Been stabbed in the left side. Looks like rather a deep wound. Not sure whether any internal injury has been sustained." The paramedic relayed, passing on all the vital information while pushing the stretcher down the clinical hallway.

Myself and Finn had travelled to the hospital in the ambulance, aware that my dad was in a very critical condition. It was evident that he needed to be checked over as soon as possible by the way he was rushed straight out of the ambulance and through the double doors by the entrance to the hospital.

His heart rate had recently started fluctuating and at one point, it dropped so low to the point where he almost succumbed to his injuries and died in the back of the ambulance. Thankfully, the paramedics managed to sustain it but I refused to let go of him, silently praying that he continued hanging on.

"Michael? Michael, can you hear me?" The nurse spoke softly to him, however, he remained silent, not even making a slight movement by way of response. "Let's get him straight down to theatre. We need to take a more in-depth look at what we are dealing with here." She explained as I watched the stretcher pick up speed, which in turn, made me run alongside it, refusing to let go of my dad's hand.

With that, the stretcher darted through another set of double doors, which had zero access to the public. I worked that out when I was stopped from entering by another one of the nurses taking care of him.

"Please, I need to be with him..." I begged, trying to get past him but he blocked the entrance way. "Let me through!" I screamed, not caring about whether I was making a scene or not.

"Lindsay!" Finn shouted, pulling me into his arms as they enveloped around me, instantly making me sob.

"He's in safe hands. Please take a seat in the waiting area and as soon as we have more news, I promise a member of staff will inform you." The nurse politely reassured before he disappeared down the corridor leading to the operating theatre.

Feeling Finn pull me over to the waiting area, he sat me down before he disappeared off somewhere. Moments later, he returned, carrying two white plastic cups, each one filled with water.

"Here, drink this." He ordered, holding out the cup in front of me.

I shakily grasped it from his fingertips, gripping both hands around it to prevent me from dropping it or spilling anything. I'm so emotionally drained right now and to make things worse, I've given myself a headache from crying so much. Ever since finding my dad in that position, I haven't been able to stop the tears from flowing.

To be honest, this is the last place I thought/wanted to end up tonight but I refuse to leave until I know, at most, that he's stable. Finn, on the other hand, I didn't want him to feel obligated to stay. As much as I'd appreciate it, he's also had a long day and I didn't want his parents to worry, especially when it's unusual for him to be out this late at night.

"You don't have to stay with me, you know?" I told him, my eyes scanning around the room at the people awaiting news on loved ones.

"Don't be silly..." He replied, pulling me closer to him as I felt one of his arms wrap itself around my waist. "I'm not just going to leave you, am I?" He commented, placing a soft kiss to my forehead. "Let me just phone my parents to let them know what's happened and where I am and then I'll be back." He explained, standing up before he headed for the exit to the hospital.