-(8)-

Dinner was extremely awkward

Dinner was extremely awkward. We walked down next to each other, she was talking whilst I was listening. She talked about school and her boyfriend. I was pretty shocked to learn that the boys let her have a boyfriend. It showed they really didn't give two shits about her. We walked into the dining room and she stopped talking.

We were staring at all 7 of my brother, father and my step-mother sat waiting for their food to be served. They stared at us when we walked in. Kyle had stormed ahead of us.

"Come sit down next to me", Vin said to me. I knew I should of just listened but no I had to be stubborn.

"Its cool, Ill sit next to Tal", I said, completely ignoring all the glares I was getting from the others. I turn to petal and she smiles. 

"Tal?", Damien says, whilst glaring at Petal. She blushed and looked down.

"Don't we get a nickname", Kieran asked. I looked at them straight in the eyes.

"No", I said to them and sat on the far seat next to Petal with no one on the other side. She looked so happy and it made me happy at the same time. It was obvious that no one sat next to her at the dinner. She always sat alone. Not anymore. I could ring her in on my plan, I couldn't leave her, she was like a sister and I had only known her for a few hours.

"I said to sit here", Vin said. He was clearly frustrated as he clenched his jaw and his hands tightened on his fork. My father was sat their watching. The others were just staring at me and Petal.

"Just go, I'll be fine", Tal whispered in my ear. I look to her and see that she doesn't want to get into trouble. I sigh and go and sit next to Vin. I stare down at the table refusing to look at them. I hated them and I always would. 

"So , Pet, what did you do to make our sister love you so much.", Damien and Kyle said switching it up so Damien started and Kyle ended. Pet? He said it with so much hate as if he was mocking her.  What a terrible nickname. I look to Petal and she looked just as mortified. 

"Um, well, I guess it's just a girl thing", She said quietly. Her mother looked happy about that. She seemed to like that she was friends with me, not the other way around. It was like I was her daughter and Petal was just some kid tagging along.

"She isnt a douche like you Kyle", I said to him, causing the others to laugh for a second. It wasnt a funny laugh. It was a 'you will regret that' laugh.

"Okay princess, as long as she doesn't say anything, do tell me if she does.", My father said, giving me a stern but calm face and then turning to Tal and giving her a cold stare. I hated this. They were treating her like some outsider. Like some freak that had to sit with them. I wasnt hungry at all as I had eaten a few hours prior.

The maid gave my brothers their food one by one and they didnt even glance at the maids, they just ticked nervously as if to tell them to hurry up and leave. When they gave Tal her food she smiled at them and they gave her a tiny nod that I only noticed. A maid with blonde hair came over and Damien was giving her the eyes. She clearly wasnt into it, and was only here for the money and the job.