-(22)-

"Jace?", I asked

"Jace?", I asked. I was looking up at a hanging Jace clutching onto a tree branch awkwardly, grinning slightly whilst trying not to fall. It was a sight to see and it didn't stop me from giggling. It was the first time I have felt happy in ages and surprisingly it was by Jace. It was my birthday tommorow as well.

I was going to be 15. I didn't mention it before as I wasn't really looking forward to spending my birthday without my mother. It was a sad time for me and I just hoped that they had no idea it was my birthday, after all how could they, I never grew up with them, I never had that bond to them as they all do. Nor do I want it to be honest.

"Oh hey Aura, imagine seeing you here", He said with a cheeky grin on his face. I rolled my eyes at him and made sure not to give it away that I was speaking to someone as the boys or anyone could be watching.

"So, uh, Whatcha doing in a tree dude?", I asked him. He goes serious all of a sudden and sits properly on the tree, his legs were dangling but were out of view from the house as his back was against the way looking towards the house.

"You wanna leave?", He asked. I practically gave myself whiplash from how fast I was moving my head.

"HEY AURORA!", I heard Stone shout. Shit. I looked up to Jace and he hid furthur up the tree to make sure that he couldn't see him, but he couldn't fit his legs up.

"YEAH?", I Screamed back. I couldn't be bothered with this, I knew Father and Vin were fuming that I outwitted them, but lets be honest it wasn't that hard.

"DO YOU WANT SOME LUNCH?", He shouted back. I was really hungry now that I think about it, being locked in a closet overnight makes you sweat like crazy and makes you really thirsty which made me really hungry.

"UHH SURE BE RIGHT THERE", I shouted back. He nodded and turned back into the house. I noticed Damien was stood at the window watching me, he smirked and walked away. Did he know? I let out a breathe of relief and layed back down again, getting comftable in the hot grass.

"So why don't we just go right now?", I asked him. Jace shook his head.

"Nah we are setting up the perfect plan, so they never ever bother you again", He said with a smirk on his face. It was obvious they had a huge plan and by the looks of it, Jace planned it himself, meaning it had about a 60 percent chance of actually working.

"Where are the others?", I asked. I couldn't see their car around either.

"At Petals dads house", He said with a smile. I was flabbershocked for a second before coming back to reality.

"Ah okay we can talk about that later, why did you come on your own?", I asked him. It was really dangerous for him to do that and lets not forget stupid.

"The others wanted to come too but they didn't want to cause a scene and it was just easier for me to just come in", He said. I nodded and layed back down again.