A Rainy Summer 18

~Chapter (18)~

My heart skipped a couple of beats at the sight of Liam, he was standing right in front of me I could feel my eyes widen slightly as I tried to control my breathing process. Inhale…exhale-Inhale...exhale.

 I don’t think I can ever control the way I react when I see him. I can try, but I don’t think it would do me any good. The effect Liam had on me was enormous. As much as his presence was a calming factor, especially when I experienced any of my seizures. Yet, he managed to cause every single symptoms of mine to act up to a great extent. Liam was like a tranquilizer drug with a vast amount of side effects.    

“Liam,” his name escaped my lips in a whisper. I studied his figure carefully, his arms were crossed over his chest, and his thick eyebrows were drawn into a frown. Then, I remembered I was still in Mason’s arms. I tried to pull away, but he wrapped his arms around me firmly, preventing my attempts to break free.

“Mason, you are crushing me,” I told him. “I can’t breathe!”

“No, you are fine.”

“Mason! I can’t breathe!” I panicked as I felt my head get heavy, begging for oxygen.

“Let her go!” Liam said sternly sending him a glare.

Instantly, he pulled away setting me free. I inhaled sharply, trying to get some air in my lungs before I start another seizure. I couldn’t risk having another one in front of Liam, it would definitely raise his suspicions about my sickness.

“Selena, are you alright?” Liam asked, appearing right next to me. His voice was full of worry and concern.

“I…I…” I failed to speak, trying to catch my breath.

“Selena?”

“I am okay..” I panted shutting my eyes for a few seconds to relax, hoping for the dizziness to fade away.

“Are you sure?” Mason asked arching one of his eyebrows.

I nodded slowly. “Positive, no need to worry,” I said, my lips curling into a reassuring smile.

“I am sorry,” Mason muttered. Pursing his lips, he gave an apologetic look.

“Shut up, man! You bloody suffocated her,” Liam snapped at him.

“I didn’t intend to do that!” Mason retorted.

“She could have gotten hurt, You Know” Liam yelled.

“I was only hugging her, mate. Are you jealous?” Mason said smirking at him.

What? Liam was jealous. Really? Was that the reason of his awkward behavior?

“I am not jealous,” Liam replied rolling his eyes. “I just don’t want you to hurt Selena. You crushed her bones a few minutes ago.”

Mason chuckled. “Oh my lord! You are jealous.”

“I am not!”

“It’s not cool to act jealous, mate. Don’t you know that jealousy drives girls away?” Mason raised an eyebrow, an amused expression crept to his face.

“Shut it!” Liam snapped, sending him an annoyed look.

“Statistics say that seventy percent of break ups and divorces are a result of unexplained jealousy. And technically, Selena is not your girlfriend, so you-”

“Enough!” Liam cried out interrupting Mason’s nonstop rambling.

My ice cream cone slipped out of my grasp in realization. Mason was right, I was not Liam’s girlfriend so why was he jealous? I mean what did I mean to him, if I was not his girlfriend? Was I just a girl he kills time with?