A Rainy Summer 4

~Chapter(4)~

My dad used to say Never talk to strangers, Selena. They may appear to you as good friendly people. But it's always a hoax, because underneath that lovely mask of theirs lays a devilish mind, criminals, manipulative people, liars.  

But now, after seeing the way Liam, a stranger himself reacted when I was passing out. The anger and frustration filled his eyes, his voice contained a lot of emotions that differed from anger and trouble to fear, concern and anxiety.  

So all I can say Dad you were very mistaken, strangers are not all similar. There might be a number of criminals and liars among them, but definitely not all of them in fact they could turn out to be great people. Great wasn't right word to describe Liam. I couldn't really think of a perfect word for him. Liam was truly exceptional.

I was struggling to open my eyes, they felt so dry. I blinked twice annoyed by the huge amount of sunlight that came through the window. I was laying down on a few seats. which felt more like a couch. I moved my head to the side, only to find a young man standing over me, he looked older than Liam, maybe twenty eight or something, he was fairly good looking. he gave me a small smile when our eyes met.  

"Hello Selena, my name is Stephen Collins." he introduced himself and I made an attempt to raise my eyebrow at him but I had a massive headache that hurt bad.  

"I'm a doctor." he stated.  

"Oh, hi." I muttered and let my eyes search around for Liam.  

"He's not here." He said shaking his head.  

"Huh?"  

"Liam, he's not here."  

I frowned slightly. Who was this guy? A doctor or not, how did he know my name? oh well Liam was probably the one who told him, but how did he know Liam? Was he a friend? A fellow business man?  

"Before you ask, yes I do know Liam, as the matter of fact he is my nephew." He smiled and he grabbed his stethoscope.  

"What?" I gasped in surprise and shock. How could he be Liam's uncle? he was too young.  

Stephen chuckled. "It's quite fascinating, isn't it? My nephew is about five years younger than I am," he grinned as he placed his stethoscope on the left side of my chest and moved it slowly trying to take my heart rate.  

"If you don't mind me asking, how is that possible?" I wondered.  

"Liam's mother is my oldest sister." Stephen explained. "Take a deep breath and hold it for ten seconds," he instructed holding his index and middle fingers to my neck.  

"That doesn't explain how you had a nephew when you were four." I said and too k a deep breath as he told me to.  

"She was young and in love, she was unstoppable, my father never approved of their relationship and one day they ran away together, she was only fourteen years old." he said putting his stethoscope away.  

Wow, Liam's mother ran away from home at only fourteen to be with his father, talk about sacrifice, fighting for love is a beautiful thing.  

"Your heart sounds awkward, did you go for a checkup before?" Stephen questioned.  

I shrugged. "Maybe when I was younger, I think I was born with that weird sound"  

"Born with it?" He arched an eyebrow at me, yes I was a very bad liar.  

I shrugged again. "Anyway back to the main subject"  

Stephen laughed once cutting me off. "You do realize the main subject is you fainting an hour ago, right."