A Rainy Summer 13

~Chapter(13)~

"......You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul. So don't come back for me. Don't come back at all. Don't come back at all."  

Loud piercing sounds entered my ears at the moment I finished the song. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, Were They clapping for me? Did they really like my voice? My music? 

"Woo, yeah! Yeah!" I heard a few shouts from the small crowd. I turned my head to come face to face with the crowd, they were applauding with big smiles on their faces. I was astonished by them. 

"You're amazing!" One of the guys yelled grinning. I blushed and looked down immediately. 

"Selena, you were absolutely wonderful," Julia said, a huge smile on her face as I approached her and Jordan. 

"Thank you," I muttered giving her a sheepish grin. 

"My sister is the best singer in the world," Jordan said happily. Wrapping his arms around me from behind, he kissed my cheeks and smiled. 

I chuckled and shook my head at him. "I am not that good, Jordan." 

"Yes, you are!" Jordan objected. "Look," he griped on my shoulders and turned me to the side so I would face the students who witnessed my humble performance a couple of minutes ago. "All of these people loved your voice and music." 

"They did?"  

"Yep!" 

"You have totally won the crowd," Julia confirmed grinning. 

A smile broke into my face as I watched the cheering guys and girls. They truly liked my music, they really did. It was a remarkable feeling to see all these people rooting for me. And it has certainly boosted my confidence a lot. 

"Come on. I still want to show you around campus," Julia said. 

"Okay, let's go," I responded with a nod. 

The three of us walked together outside the stage room. Jordan took the position between Julia and I. He had one of his arms wrapped around my shoulder, while tossing the other around Julia comfortably. I watched as Jordan reached for his jeans pocket and pulled out a pack of Willy Wonka Gobstoppers candy. Julia's eyes twinkled seeing the candy box- Jordan was twirling teasingly. 

"I got this for you, Selena," Jordan said causing Julia to frown as she stared at the box- now in my grasp. I glanced at the box for a brief moment. Raising my eyebrow, I looked back at Jordan. Gobstoppers were not exactly my favorite candy, I was more of a gummy bears girl. But Jordan already knew that, so why was he giving it to me now? 

"You said you would go to that store and get me one, remember?" Julia said to him, tilting her head slightly to the side. 

"Oh shoot! I totally forgot!" Jordan exclaimed. 

"You forgot" Julia reiterated, a hurt expression formed on her innocent face. 

"Yeah. Sorry," Jordan muttered sending her a guilty smile. My dear brother was a great liar. He could make anyone believe any story he told them. I have always believed that one day he will win an Oscar for his acting. however he could never fool me 

"But Jordan, you-"  

"You can have mine. I don't want it," Cutting her off, I handed her the candy pack. 

"No, it's yours," Julia replied shaking her head. 

"It's not my favorite, anyway," I commented shrugging.