A Rainy Summer 12

~Chapter(12)~

After long twenty minutes of arguing and quarreling with Stephen, I managed to convince him not to say anything about my sickness to Liam. I hated the fact that I had made him an accomplice in my misdeed, but it was imperative. I had to do it, for Liam's sake. He had been through the worst from the heartache and sorrow Kate has caused him to kylie's horrible death. The last thing Liam needed was a sick person in his life.

"Stephen, I need you to promise me that you will never say a word to Liam, or anyone else for that matter," I said staring into his honey brown eyes. They were full of guilt and shame.

"I can't do that. I can't make such a promise," Stephen shook his head in refusal.

"But you-"

"Wait a minute," Stephen said cutting me off. "You said not to tell anyone," he pointed out leaning more into the desk in front of him giving me a confused look.

"Yeah, that's what I said." I nodded.

"Who else knows about this, Selena?" Stephen questioned resting his chin over his clasped hands.

"Uh..."

"Selena, Who else knows?" Stephen repeated sounding very impatient.

"My doctor back in New York," I responded after a moment of hesitation. "Only him and an old friend," Adrian. His name flickered in my mind.

The hospital room was unusually quiet. The blue painted walls provided the atmosphere with feelings of pure calmness and peace. Many certificates were hung on the wall representing the well education he received, from studying at Oxford to being an intern in the imperial college of London.

Stephen was gazing at me with wide eyes, his mouth was slightly open. "Are you out of your mind?" He yelled, a shocked expression took over his face.

"No," I replied raising an eyebrow.

"Are you joking, Selena? How can you not tell anyone about it?" Stephen shrieked. "Does your brother know?" He questioned frowning.

I shook my head immediately. I remember the first time I went to see the doctor and he informed me about my disease, I wanted to call Jordan and tell him, but I couldn't. Although I was scared and in the need for his great comfort, I knew Jordan would not have handled the news very well. God only knows what he would have done to himself if he found out.

"I wanted to, but I couldn't," I responded with a shrug.

"I don't believe this," Stephen muttered giving me a bewildered look.

"It's better this way."

"Are you bloody serious?" Stephen yelled slamming his fists down on the desk causing it to shake violently, a few objects falling to the ground. "How in the world can you think that?"

I blinked twice in surprise at his sudden outburst.

"Selena you're sick. Sick people need their family and friends," Stephen blurted.

"I do have family and friends and I am with them all the time. They make me happy, and that's what I want." I argued.

"What happens when you get really sick, who will help you? Who will come visit you in the hospital?" Stephen said getting up from his seat and throwing himself on the chair opposite to mine.

"I don't know," I whispered as a heavy feeling overcome me, my stomach clenched to the thought of being sick in the hospital, and alone.

"Listen, I am not going to tell Liam, but you will have to tell him at some point," Stephen stated, a sigh escaped his lips.