A Rainy Summer 20

~Chapter (20)~“

"Selena. I did not understand a word, from what you were saying,” Liam said politely. “You Americans seem to talk very quickly,” he muttered as a frustrated expression crossed his face.

I chuckled lightly. Liam had every right to get frustrated with me, given that I had been hysterically rambling all kinds of words since Jordan’s phone call. At first, I was in slight shock when Jordan told me that he saw Haley sitting in one of London’s small coffee shops, and he said he was pretty sure that it was her. I tried to think of at least one reason of why Haley would keep such a thing from me. I realize that I wasn’t a very good friend to her, during the few past month, but I never kept anything from her –except my sickness. I didn’t want her to know at the beginning, but I ended up spilling it all out in a long detailed email.

“What happened, Selena? What did your brother say?” Liam questioned, pulling me out of my train of thoughts.

“I don’t know. I…I don’t understand either,” I responded with a shrug.

“Huh?” Liam gave me a very confused look.

“Jordan said that Haley is right here, in London.”

Liam raised one of his eyebrows after taking a sip from his coffee.“Okay. . .”

“Haley didn’t tell me that she was here, when I spoke to her last night,” I told him.

“Well, maybe she only forgot to mention it,” Liam

Immediately, I shook my head. “We used to tell each other everything.”

“People forget, it is the human nature,” Liam said wisely.

Damn him, and his stupid –smart, wise mind.

“I think she is keeping something from me, and I need to find out what it is,” I stated, my voice came out in a quite serious tone.

“Something like what?” Liam asked wondering, sending me a curious look.

I shrugged once. “I have no clue, but I’ll figure it out eventually.”

“You should go find her, and talk to her. I am pretty sure that she would want to speak with you,” Liam suggested.

“I don’t think so, Liam,” I replied, shaking my head slowly.

“Oh, come on. You can have a simple talk. You said yourself, that you two are bestfriends. Right?”

I nodded silently. I sure hope so.

“Alright then, you will go and talk to her. But, you can do that later. Right now, we have more exciting things to do,” Liam said and stood up, taking a hold of my hand.

“Really?”

Liam nodded and grinned widely, then he brought me up to a standing position with him.

“Where are we going, Liam?” I asked, feeling slightly worried at the fact that we were walking to our unknown destination. I was already starting to feel tired.

“I am going to show you, where I spent my childhood,” Liam answered smiling.

“Really? You are taking me to your family house,” I mumbled as a rush of excitement ran through my body.

Liam shook his head. “No, do you want me to do that?”

“I guess, it would be cool to, um. . get a glimpse of the life you have lived when you were a kid,” I said, afraid that the words would come out wrong.