A Rainy Summer 21

~Chapter (21)~

In a word, I was too cowardly to do what I knew to be right, as I had been too cowardly to avoid doing what I knew to be wrong.

Great Expectations

I laid back bringing my feet up on Jordan’s comfortable couch, in hopes of finding some mental relaxation. Elton John’s magical music was dancing into my ears, sending me a rush of blissful feelings. In my opinion, there was no one as great as Sir, Elton John –and there will never be. His music was extraordinary, it spoke elegance and style, and it provided me with the serenity I was longing for.  

The day I had spent with Liam was absolutely wonderful, I loved every second we had spent together. Liam took me to an amazing jazz bar –for dinner, and it was definitely one of the best places I had ever been to. The sound of the blues guitar was astounding, and the piano was just smashing. We talked for a long time, the way Liam and I connected was incredible, we lost track of time, and I ended up going back home after midnight.    

“Wow, Selena. You are in an awfully good mood, this morning” Jordan muttered, raising one of his eyebrows at me.

“Huh? Why would you think that?” I asked quickly.

Jordan shrugged, handing me a cup of warm coffee. “You always listen to Elton when you are walking on sunshine,” he stated.

“No one is walking on sunshine, Jordan,” I rolled my eyes on him, and took a sip from my  mug.

“You are definitely in high spirits, since you are listening to the Goodbye yellow brick road album. You can’t fool me, Sel,” Jordan grinned, a smug look painted on his face.

“Well, maybe. . .”

Immediately, Jordan took a seat in front me. “Does that has anything to do with the fact that you came home past midnight?” he questioned, focusing his eyes on mine.

“I thought you were sleeping,” I said, right after a startled gasp escaped my lips.

Jordan smiled. “I was worried about you, and I couldn’t sleep.”

“Aw, that’s sweet!”

“Selena. You are my sister, whom I love very much, I don’t want you to get hurt,” Jordan said. “We had always looked after each other, and always will,” he added, giving me a warm smile.

“You have nothing to worry about, Jordan. I was with Liam,” I told him.

A frown broke into Jordan’s face. “After midnight?” he asked.

I nodded right away. “We were talking, and well. . we didn’t notice that it was late,” I explained.

“Really? Just like that?”

“Yeah, it was really fun, Jordan,” I mumbled, munching a piece of toast.

Jordan sighed. “How can you trust a guy, that you have just met, a couple of weeks ago –and in an airplane?”

“Because Liam is a good guy,” I replied directly.

“How do you know that?”

Oh god, here we go again. Suspicious Jordan is back.

“Liam is a good guy. In fact, he is a great guy,” I said, raising my voice. “Jordan, you don’t even know him.” I pointed out, giving him an irritated look.