A Rainy Summer 2

~Chapter(2)~

"You know, you're way better than the perverts I always end up sitting next to," I smiled slowly.  

I watched his expression turn into anger, he frowned as his fists clenched like he was ready to punch someone. "Perverts," he repeated. His eyes were red bloodshot, they were flaming. What was wrong with him?  

"Hey, it's okay," I whispered and placed my hand on his, ignoring all the stupid sparks that went through my body. "It's okay," I reassured him, but he kept frowning while staring at my hand.  

"If it makes you feel any better. I slapped one of them when I was fifteen, and when I was sixteen, this prick put his hand on my thigh. So, I grabbed it, and bit it until blood came out," I said, trying to calm him down. I saw a small smile take its place on his face.  

"At seventeen, this forty years old pedophile tried to touch me like everywhere, he was such an ass so I sent him to the hospital. He served time for sexual harassment, he got what he deserved," I blurted. Did I just hear him chuckle? Yes he did. Yep!  

"There was this guy last year, he tried to kiss me and Ad....uh..." I stuttered. I couldn't say his name again. It hurt too much.  

Liam held my hand in his, then he smiled and said."You are a very brave girl, Selena," he sighed. "I wish Kylie was more like you," he muttered to himself.  

"You can tell me, you don't have to, I just want you to know that I'm here to listen, that's something I'm good at it," I told him.  

He smiled slowly at what I said. "Kylie was my little sister, she was about your age, she was a happy girl, beautiful, funny, smart and amazing," his eyes glowed as he spoke.  

"But then her life changed, when she started dating a bad guy -one of my enemies. I told her not to go out with him, but she was already too attached, she was so stubborn." he sounded hurt, angry and sad.  

"She never listened. Never," he shook his head in agony.  

"One day it happened, my worst fear came true. He took her back to his apartment and he forced her she wanted to wait but he didn't, he.....he ra-p-ed her."  

"Oh my god." I gasped.  

"I found her on the floor the next morning, and I could never forget the way she looked lying there peacefully. Her white dress was soaked red, she had fresh cuts on her arms, legs and her face was bruised badly, she wasn't breathing her body was still and awfully quiet."  

"No...." I whispered, knowing exactly what he was going to say next.  

"I was late, she was gone. Dead." His voice was breaking down.  

"I'm so sorry, it wasn't your fault." I said feeling my tears going down. How could anyone do that to an innocent girl? how could he leave her lying on the floor? she was probably alive for some time, why couldn't he just take her to hospital and leave? 

"But, it was my fault. I should have protected her. I'm her brother," he yelled.  

"It was not your fault. You did everything in your power to stop it, it was that heartless bastard's fault." 

He must have loved his sister more than anything, just like I love my brother. I can't even try to imagine the pain he was going through, it was absolutely awful. I honestly have no idea how it happened but after seeing the state he was in. I immediately held him in my arms. I had to comfort him, in seconds his scent washed over me, it was fabulous, Hugo-Boss my favorite. I was truly enjoying the smell, his head was placed on my shoulder near to my neck and I could feel him smelling my Channel No. 5 perfume, which oddly seemed to calm him down. I pulled away a few seconds later and I suddenly felt that something was missing. How could he have this effect on me? We had just met about two hours ago.