A Rainy Summer 7

~Chapter(7)~

The restaurant Liam took me to was remarkable. I had never seen anything like it. The venue itself was built in a vintage way, it looked more like a lovely cottage than a restaurant and the front was simply wonderful. The lime green grass covered the ground as different kind of flowers rest over it and piled near the entrance defining a long blocks pathway that led to the restaurant's dark wooden glass door. I breathed in the refreshing energizing smell of the beautiful garden. A sweet taste of nature is all one needs to brighten their day.

A big smile broke into my face at the moment I stepped inside. The interior design was a mixture of both rusticity and contemporary styling, while the bar was modern the tables were wooden along with cute café - style chairs, exposed brick and parquet flooring. It was very different from other restaurants. I admired the lovely paintings and art works hung on the walls. The atmosphere was so welcoming and cozy.

"Do you like it?" Liam asked interrupting my thoughts. I was overwhelmed with the surroundings. I almost forgot that he was standing next to me.

"I love it, it's beautiful." I said smiling. "It is so warm and inviting."

"Wait until you see the view." Liam said as he led me further inside earning a few greeting and smiles from the staff.

"What view?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"This view." Liam smiled pointing at the most spectacular view of the river right outside the wide window.

I gasped immediately. "Wow, it's..it's... wow."The exceptional scene left me speechless.

Liam grinned widely. "I knew you'd like it." He said pulling out the stilted chair offering me a seat on the most amazing table in the venue. He sure acted like a true gentleman.

"Thank you." I smiled trying my best to show my gratitude.

"I love this place and especially this table, it's quite peaceful. I come here whenever I'm sad or upset, the Thames river seems to have a calming effect on me." He said after he took his own seat opposite to me.

"I can see myself coming here every day, it's really inspirational. I can write great songs and listen to music, it would be wonderful." I turned to the window and stared at the river.

"Music is pretty important to you, isn't it?"

"Music is everything to me. I find my comfort in music, my happiness and my grief. I don't know if it was due to my parents constant absence or not, but I grew up with my music, my guitar was more like a family to me. I don't know what I would have done without it."

Liam arched one of his eyebrows. "Don't you think that's an overstatement?"

I shook my head swiftly. "No, not really. Music is always there when I need it, and as far as I know it never let me down while other people did, so many times." I sighed.

Mom, dad, and Adrian.

Liam nodded giving me a look of understanding.

Then the waiter came to our table with a couple of menus in his hand, he was wearing a black short sleeved shirt with dark jeans and black converse.

"Good evening, Mr. Roberts." He greeted then he turned to me with a smile. "My lady." He said and looked at me weirdly. "Welcome to The Depot."

"How are you, Tom?" Liam asked. Did he come here regularly? The workers seemed to know him very well; I wondered if he brought all the other girls to this place too.

"Fine, thank you sir." He responded and I caught him staring at me which made me uncomfortable. I looked down and ran my hand through my hair.

"Tom, stop it." Liam warned.