| T W E N T Y - T H R E E |

CHAPTER 0023. ANGEL GETS A BIRD HE'LL NEVER SEE AGAIN

THE MOMENT HE HIT THE AIR, Angel couldn't help the grin that lit his face up. He felt the air fly past him as he could feel Nico's grip on his hand tighten. He looked down and as he realized he truly was practically plummeting towards the valley and the red rocks below, but he couldn't find it in him to feel scared, not as Nico's hand was gripped in his own. He let out a laugh that was lost in the loud rushing wind in his ears as he fell, though that laugh was quickly turned into a yelp as he caught right of a bird under him. The bird seemed to have heard him as it flew out of his way, though it's eyes were trained on Angel, not once leaving sight of his form as it flew after him.

"Spread your arms! Keep them extended!" Annabeth yelled from somewhere around him, though Angel couldn't exactly pinpoint where.

The bird flew alongside him as Angel spread his arms out, his fingers still intertwined with Nico's as they were further apart, though still together. As he kept them extended, he could feel the wings on his back stiffen and catch the wind causing his plummeting decent to slow in the slightest. He grinned in delight as he got the hang of the whole flying thing. Nico on the other hand seemed to struggle a bit before he somewhat got the hang of it. Angel grinned as he looked over at him, a lot more carefree than he should have been as he tugged Nico towards him as he grabbed his other hand and the two flew around in circles. Angel was giggling, a large grin blooming on his face.

Nico was terrified at first, he didn't like not being in his element, he didn't like not being on the ground. But as he gripped Angel's hands as they spun in circles, Angel tugging him along as he looped in the sky, he wasn't all that scared. How could he when Angel had such a tight grip on him, grinning at him so brightly and carefree. It felt like he was invincible as he held onto him, like nothing could touch him.

Though as they flew around, Angel caught sight of the same bird flying around him, seemingly a little too happy with it's wings flapping so much as it flew beside him. Angel soon recognized it as a hawk. "Oh... hey there dude."