| F I F T Y - S I X |

CHAPTER 0056

CHAPTER 0056. ANGEL GETS SLAPPED IN THE FACE BY THE PAST

trigger warnings for the following subject matters-
mentions of death, implications of homophobia, hate crimes, fire, dark!angel

trigger warnings for the following subject matters-mentions of death, implications of homophobia, hate crimes, fire, dark!angel

WHEN ANNABETH FINALLY GOT THE SHIP SAILING NICELY, Piper had awoken and Angel helped her up alongside Jason. The two made their way to the infirmary and they dragged Jason along with them. Piper attempted to make small talk with Angel but Angel wasn't feeling very talkative with her and he apologized before leaving as quickly as he could once he knew both of them were settled in as he grabbed a piece of Ambrosia before he left.

He had told Piper that Annabeth would need him up on deck but he knew he was lying. Angel knew that while Annabeth would appreciate him being up there with his lying abilities, she wouldn't need him. Truth was, Angel couldn't stay near Piper long enough without feeling sick to his stomach and seeing Silena where Piper should be and gods that made Angel feel guilty. They didn't even look alike, Angel was just pathetic and missed Silena so much he was grasping at strings.

Angel knew that he shouldn't be doing it, he shouldn't see Silena every time he looked at the girl, but gods who else was he supposed to see? Gods, he felt like a dick just thinking that.

Angel breathed in slowly as he struggled to keep his composure. He forced himself to step back onto the deck. He took a glance around as he assessed the visible damage that he could spot. The aft crossbows were in piles of kindling and ash, which was going to be annoying to clean up. The foresail above him was tattered and torn. The satellite array that Angel could only guess powered the onboard Internet and TVs that he noticed, were blown to bits.