chapter 3

Elizeberh Greyson
"Uh I hate charity balls. They are absolutely stupid and a hell time of waste and money. Why even go to one when you don't have a date. This is ridiculous.  " I mumbled underneath my breath as I applied make up to my face. Grabbing a damn purse packed with a silver dagger of course, I made my way towards my car and got in. Even my staff knew better than to talk to me on days of charity balls. I hate them!

I reached the charity ball and the paparazi went crazy
"Ms Grayson look here please"
"Pose for the camera"
"Don't look so  Gloomy maam "
"Are you  dating someone"
"Is merging with Black industries a strategic plan to save you company"
Screamed the camera men.

"Ugh leave me alone stupid assholes before I drive a dagger in your heart ." I murmerred.
I stepped in and was blessed with peace  and quiet. I mingled with a few idiot people before going in a corner with a drink in my hand and stared at the people dancing. I never danced. I never learned to dance. Why should one learn to dance?
"May I have this dance, my lady" Asked a familier British voice. I sniffed the air and realised it was the same mint and oak smell which meant
" Hunter, you're also here. Glad to see you" I said, clearly flustered at how close we were standing.
"Hi there, Elizabeth, don't like dancing? " He asked
"I don't know how to dance" I murmered
"Not a problem. It's easy. Just follow my lead and do as I say" He said as he extended his arm which I took
"Okay but don't blame me if I step on your foot" I said. He laughed. His laugh was so adorable and sexy.
"Don't mind if you do" He said as he led me for the dance floor. He guided one of my arms onto his shoulder and other hand he took in his. His left hand slid down to my waist and he pulled me closer. Gently he guided me through the steps. I must admit i did almost trip on my own feet but he  always did save me. As the music began to end, he dramatically pulled me in for a dip. To be honest I was scared that my head was going to hit the ground. He carefully set me upright and led me off the dance floor.
"Elizabeth, have I told you that you look extraordinary, magnificent and so beautiful in that lovely red off shoulder ball gown and the way your hair is falling on your shoulders makes me want to kiss you" He said making me blush .
"You look quite dashing yourself. Black suits you" I said, looking up into his  amber eyes.
"Thank you" He said "drink? " He asked
"Champagne please" I said as I saw him almost lick up scotch and he nodded
He picked two flutes of champagne from a nearby waiter, and handed a glass to me.
" to new partnership" He said
We clinked our glasses together and took a sip
"I had no idea that you danced so well" I said as we sat down on a nearby table
"Thanks for the compliment lady but for a beginner you were magnificent" He said
As we continued to talk, a nearby man accidentally spilled his drink on me
"Hey" I said as I took out a tissue to clean my dress
"Sorry" Said the man drunkingly
"Let me help clean your dress" He further added as he leaned in close, uncomfortably close and began dabbing my dress.
"Back off, I'll do  it my self" I said trying to get up but he held my wrist
"Let go" I said and he refused
"She said let go. Respect that" Said Hunter
The man refused
"I'll say it again, but next time don't expect words" Said Hunter which caused the man to tighten  his grip on my arm
"Oww, your hurting me" I said as I tried to release my arm. I thought about the dagger in my bag. Shit my bag was no where to be seen. Where did it go? I saw it on a chair across the room. I must have forgotten it there when I took Hunters hand for dancing. Help!
The next thing I knew was the grip was no longer there in my hand and the man was lying on the ground with a broken nose. I rubbed my wrist vigrously trying to sooth the pain. That  man's grip had left an imprint on my wrist.
"You need ice... Otherwise it'll bruise " Said Hunter as he gently took my wrist in his arm, I nodded. He signalled a nearby waiter to bring some ice and a tissue while he led me towards a quieter corner.
The waiter brought the ice and Hunter gently rubbed the ice on my wrist, it felt good.
"Thank you, for the save" I said
"Don't mention it" He said
"Let me drive you home" He said
"Okay, let me just grab my bag. " I said, no longer willing to stay here. Hunter followed me to the chair wherey nagneas and then led me to his car, all this time his hand rested on the small of my back.
He led me to his sports car. It was awsome. I didn't know the model but I could tell it was the latest. Like a gentleman, he opened the door for me and helped me in.

We were driving through the quiet streets in comfortable silence. It was almost 2 am. I  glad tomorrow is Sunday, which meant I could relax and maybe wonder into the forest to kill some wolfs. I texted my driver that I was going home with a freind so he need not wait. I didn't realise inhad fallen asleep, it was when Hunter gently shook me that I realised we were back. I smiled sheepishly at him, when I realised that my head was resting on his shoulder
"Sorry" I murmered as I straightened up.
"Thank you for driving me back" I said
"No problem. Good night and sweet dreams Elizabeth" He said as I got out of the car
"Good night Hunter" I said closing the door. I walked into my apartment and had just crashed into bed when I noticed two black figured standing in front of me
"Hello wolfhunter" Said one of them. I tried to. Grab my dagger but the other one restrained me.
"Alpha is going to be proud of us, when we show him the wolfhunterm let's take her to the cell" Said one of them. The next thing I knew was that I had a cloth at face muffling my screams and blackness overcame me.