chapter 12

Elizabeth Grayson
I woke up in the cozy bed and realised I was warmer than I should be. I openedy eyes ams saw that my head was burried I'm rock hard chest and two very strong hands encircled me. The air around me smelt of oak and mint which meant Hunter was the person due to which I was hot. I squirmed a bit and thank god his grip loosened enough for me to move back a little and look at him. He looked so peaceful as he slept. His amber eyes closed and his mouth slightly parted and little soft snores which came from his mouth. I began go look at all his features and absentmindedly started tracing them. I remembered the nightmare and how Hunter patiently dealt with me and somehow his presence calmed me down. Throughout the night nightmares didn't occur, which was strange, because usually I would be up all night crying. I guess one perk of having Hunter was that I got some good night sleep and rest.
"Good morning lizzy" He said in his morning voice bringing me out of my thoughts.
I sat upright and tied my hair in a bun
"Good morning, and thank you for last night" I said turning away from him and walking towards the bathroom, yes I finally could walk without support , it did pain but I guess the painkillers still had the effect
"You don't have to thank me for that, I am happy to help you always" He called out softly and I nodded.
Locking the door behind me I brushed my teeth and went to the loo. I took a long shower and wrapped myself in the fluffy towel. I walked into the room after making sure Hunter wasn't there and stood there in silence. I forgot that I had nothing to wear, everything was at home from where I was so rudely kidnapped. I sat on the bed and pondered on what to do. Should I call Hunter for help or should I just wear the nightgown again. I was interrupted by a soft knock.
I opened the door slightly and peeked out. Hunter had told me that the walls were sound proof so the most sensible thing to do was what I did. Opening the door slightly and peeking my head out, making sure my body was completely out of sight, I saw hunter standing with a small bag.
"I had my pack ladies go shopping for clothes and they brought some for you. The rest of the stuff has been shifted to our private cottege. " He said handing me the bag
"Our? " I asked. I knew nothing of owning a cottege with him.
"What's mine is yours as well lizzy" He said
I just took the bag
"Thanks" I murmmured and he nodded.
I saw that in the bag was a cute little floral dress, some dangling earring and heels.
"My style exactly" I murmerred and quickly changed into the outfit. I wasn't going to walk out of the room, I didn't want to meet anybody. Hunter may be an exception but his pack I didn't want to meet, not yet. I sat down on the bed, the door was open indicating that if he wanted to come in he could
He came in with some toast and jucie
"Breakfast? " He asked and I nodded. I took a bite from the bread when he started to speak
"I got you a new phone, since yours was destroyed during the kidnapping. Just promise me you won't call the police or hunteral friends and get us all killed. " He said handing me the phone
"As long as I believe I am safe I won't" I said truthfully
He nodded
"Once your done with breakfast, we will go to our cottege" He said and I nodded

An hour later I was sitting in his car as he drove us to his cottege. While going out of the house I saw the rest of the pack and shuddered. They all smiled politely but I wasnt ready to see them yet, so I ran to his car, terrified. Images of being held prisoner flashing in my brain. The drive to the cottege was silent. Neither of us spoke a word.As he pulled through the driveway I gasped, it was beautiful, it was like something out of a novel or movie, it was gorgeous, flowers, grass a small cottege and a lake with some trees, what else could one wish for.
"I take that you like the location? " He asked and I nodded. What was there to not like?
As he led me to the room, I noticed that everything was kind of warm and homemish. I saw a lady standing in the kitchen and my eyes widened. Before I could ask who she is Hunter spoke
"That's Elena, she is the cook and caretaker of the house. She is human like you and is well aware of our world. " He said and I nodded. I knew he could cook all day for me, since he was an alpha ,whatever that meant but I knew it was some high rank like a boss or CEO and he must be having some duties but I was very clear I didn't want to meet anyone.

Hunter led me thought the rooms and showed me around and once we were done, he showed me the bedroom.
"I am sorry, I think we will be sharing the room, since the other room is being used by Elena, her if you have any problem I don't mind taking the couch-" I interrupted him
"It's alright, I don't mind sharing the room, you proved to be useful last night by keeping the nightmare away, some how. " I said and he nodded.
"Thanks" He said.
After freshning up, hunter went to go and grab some of his stuff he forgot at the other house, leaving me and Elena alone.
Elena was older to me somewhere in her mid forties. My opinion of her being like wolves, heartless and mean changed when she gently spoke to me, just like my mother used to.
"Hello dear, so nice to meet you. I heard a lot about you from Mr Black. " She said warmly
"Heard things, like what? " I asked curiously as I took a seat on a stool cautiously in the kitchen, sipping on some tea.
"Things like, he finally found a beautiful mate and that he was so happy. He even said that your kind and innocent" She said and I smiled.
Kind and innocent only to those who deserve the respect. I thought.
Elena carried on with her duties, telling me a bit about the pack
"And you were fine with working with the shapeshifters? " I asked. She just shrugged
"Species is just a barrier. These guys are kind and they respected me. Also helped me feel like home when I lost my own kid. I have been with Hunter ever since his parents died, he is like my child for me" She said
"How did his parents die? " I asked
"It was a rogue attack. He was just 7  when the pack was under and attack by rogues. Leaving Hunter with me, his parents went to battle and protect the territory. Blackcrescent won the battle st the expense of its Luna and alpha. Hunter was forced to become an alpha st the age of 7, the time when he should be enjoying life and playing around with other kids, he became an alpha. Thousands of responsibilities reted upon those tinu shoulders and that's when he turned out to be tough. Before he met you, he hardly smiled. He was completely introverted but then he saw you and he began to smile again. You know why you two are perfect, necasue both of you are broken, and from. Experience it take a  broken soul to mend the other broken souls heart, because they have experience of what it's like to be broken. I  am glad he found you and that you gave him a chance to prove himself" She said and I remained silent.
I never knew that hunter had such a tragic past, I mean his own parents were also killed by wolves. Maybe he was right, maybe some wolves have good in them as well.

"How long have you been working with this past" I asked Elena as she helped me arrange the bed for a nap.
"Almost 24 years " She said as she changed the sheets.
"How did you lose your child? " I asked instantly realizing how sensitive the topic was
"I am sorry... I didn't mean to..... If you don't  want to" I was cut off by Elena
"My boy was born premature and he didn't survive the incubation period" She said
"I am sorry" I said genuinely and she nodded
"I believe you need some rest? " She asked and I nodded. Yawning I got into the bed and laid down. I didn't get anh sleepnbit I just laid there thinking.
"I should give him a proper chance and stop being a sassball and actually try to her to know Hunter whole heartedly" I said to myself.