Chapter 10

Hunter Black
Sitting down next to my love was one of the most blistfull feeling. I am glad she allowed me to sit next to her. These small steps and allowances by her was what was keeping my wolf from howling to death. If a mate reject the wolf then the wolf ultimately goes into depression and dies, turning the werewolf into a human and thay is why it was so important that my lovely mate does not reject me.
I sat down quietly next to her and kept my hands to myself, at least most of the time. Whenever she shifted or tried to
lie down or sit back up, I sprung into action, trying to make the movement less painful for her.
I spent an entire hour or two with her, sitting in our bed, snuggled in the duvet, yeah she allowed me to snuggle up with her, as long as my hands were kept to. myself.
As dinner time approached, I excused my self to go and cook. Considering the fact that she didn't want any contact with the pack for a few days, I decided that it was best for me to cook dinner. I wasn't the world's best cook and didn't know anything fancy, but I knew how to cook a meal which was edible and enough to survive.
I walked into the living room and saw the beta, gamma, Delta and omega with their mates chatting.
"Alpha" Said Ethan. Everyone stood up and bowed
"How's luna?" Asked Rosaline,  Ethan's mate
"She is good, weak and in pain but much better than what state I brought her up in" I said. Did I mention that I had to kill Lorelei, Daniel, my ex beta's mate, because she was  angry at me for snapping his neck and threatened to kill the luna and expose us to the hunters. Yeah my mate wasn't the only hunter around. Many were in the world. Our pack, blackcrescent , the name of my pack, was safe because of my influence in the coorporate world.
"Can we meet her? " Asked Lexi
"No, she refuses the meet the pack as of now. She needs time before she meets us. She is taking time to accept me. We have  to prove that we are not like the rogues who killed her family and that werewolves like us can be good as well. So I suggest none of you screw up and tell the pack the same. Tell them thay if they want to keep their heads then they better not screw our second chance" I said. The pack knew of Lizzy's terrible past and the reason why she became a hunter and understood her feelings, that's why they had no hard feelings of having a hunter as their luna. Rosalyn and Lexi  ,my gamma's Nathan's mate were in tears when they heard her story.
"Should we cook dinner, for you and Luna? " Asked Nathan, I shook my head
"I'll cook for her, if you guys want order a take out" I said and they smiled
"Thank you alpha" They said and I nodded as I headed towards the kitchen.

I was mashing the potatoes while the vegetable were being cooked. I had a YouTube video playing through which I was following the recipie. An hour later I finally put together a decent healthy meal. I quickly took out two plates and culinary stufff and plated the food. Setting it on a tray I made my way back to my mate
"Alpha whatever you have cooked smells delicious" Said Ethan and I smiled. The pack was busy eating KfC and pizza. What a combination.
I walked into our room, well right now Lizzy's room since I was being kicked out oft own room, I saw her holding the a picture frame and I recognized it, it was of the day I turned 3 months, the time when dad and mom were about to be alpha Luna. I smiled as I saw lizzy smile at the photo. I bet she will enjoy my childhood photo's. Clearing my throat I walked towards the bed and kept the tray between us as lizzy kept the photo back. I noticed she winced when she moved, clearly the brusies and cuts were still hurting her. Most of them were healed, a few deeper ones were taking time. The fact that she was allowing me closely allowed the cuts to heal quicker since when mates stick together healing process speedens up. Seeing her wince it made me think whether she will be able to feed herself or will she need help. I mean it clearly was visible that even the smallest movement was hurting her real hard.

"Will you be able to eat by yourself or should I help. I mean of course you can eat yourself, it's just thay I think the small movements are causing you pain" I asked, eagerly wanting to do something to ensure she didn't feel the pain.
She was silent for a while, clearly podering over my question. For a moment I thought she was going to act all tough and refuse  but  then she spoke
"Would you mind... " She trailed off and I understood what she was asking for
Of course" I said smiling and walking over to her side of the bed. I grabbed a small chair from the study table and began spoon feed my mate lovingly .
"It's so tasty, who cooked this? " She asked. I was surprised that she liked my cooking. It was the least thing I expected.
"I did" He said "glad you like it"  I added smiling brightly
"Like it, I love it.... I don't think I never had such tasty simple food even at a five star restaurant" She said enthusiasticly
"Get used to it lizzy, I will be cooking a lot" I said. She arched her eyebrow at me. Oops did I make a mistake. I swear it happened in a flow.
"Sorry it's just... I just" I stammered, not understanding what I should say
"It's all right, you can call me lizzy"  She said and I relaxed. Whew.
"How long have you known I was your mate ? "  She asked ,Startling me
"I  got to know that you're my mate when I first met you" I said truthfully
"How? I mean how does a wolf know that he has found a mate? " She asked, seems like she was taking the effort to know us
"Well, let's see. When a wolf encouters their mate, they usually feel intoxicated by their mates scent. The pressence of that person is enough to calm themselves, even if they are angry" I replied
"Did my scent intoxicate you" She asked. I inwardly smiled. Her scent was the reason why my wolf lived.
"Yes, you smell of strawberries and roses. It drives me and my wolf crazy" I said
"You know I like your scent to. You smell of oak and mint" She said softly, ever so softly for a human to hear. I smiled, a small smile, glad she liked it. My wolf howled in response, clearly liking the fact that she liked our smell and we didn't have to find a way to change that..
"How does the other woof know there mate is nearby... Does everyone smell the same? " She asked
"No, every wolf has a distinct smell that only the mate, true mate can recognise" I said

I noticed that she was looking everywhere and was shifting uncomfortably, I realised she needed something wear. After an intense search in my closet ,i found a white silk soft nightgown, the one I brought long ago for my future mateLucky for me without seeing my mate I got the right size.

"Here, you can wear this. I brought it for my mate years ago, I think it's of your size " I said handing her a nightgown.
"Do you have multiple mates" She asked Of course not, she was the one and only one who captured my heart and my soul and my wolf.
"God, no, every wolf has only one mate, only one person can have the power over a wolf. You're the only one and if you reject me, I'll be living my life with half a heart and extreme pain. Second mates are very rare and only happen if your mate was killed even before you met them. Though the wolf does feel the loss of the previous mate as well. " I said and she nodded
"One month" She said suddenly bringing me out of my thoughts
"Sorry, what? " I asked
"One month for you to change my mind about you. One month to prove that you and your pack are different from the wolves I have encountered" She said
"What happens if I fail" I asked. I wasn't planning to fail but I what if I did
"You lose me and I reject you" She said, looking everywhere but me
"Deal, in one month I'll show you we are different" I said determined. I wasn't going to mess this up, not when me and wolf and my  love was at stake.
She nodded. She tried to get up to go to the bathroom and I immediately aided her . I stood outside while she  changed and did her night business. I could here the soft winces as she moved

After making sure she had her pills and was well tucked in I left the room, not before kissing her forehead affectionatelty.
I left the door slightly ajar somas to make sure I heard her if she needed me.
I was in my room mindlinking my beta to get my personal cottege cleaned so that I could take their Luna there for a few days. I had just finished explaining him all I needed over there when I heard her whimper and scream. Thinking she was being attacked by some intruder, I rushed inside and saw her whimpering in sleep. She was having a nightmare I realised. Gently I shook her and woke her up. She was panting and sweat was dripping of her head. Gently i wiped the sweat and that's when she hugged me and started crying. My heart ached seeing her in that state.

Sssh, it's okay you're safe" I said, I kept running my hand down her back in a soothing manner. Once she had calmed down she straightened up.
"Nightmare? " I asked. She nodded
"Wanna talk about it" I asked concerned
Talking helps clear and lighten many things, maybe it would help her as well
"It was of the day when I witnessed my families death" She said
I remained silent and hugged her. That is something words could never sooth nor could time
"Do you mind staying here for the night?" She asked and I nodded.
"Sure"I said smiling.
I helped her lie down and gently sat down next to her . I kept running my hand over her forehead and sang a soft song and watched her gracefully fall asleep.
I stared at her moonlight lit figure and reminded myself how I was to get a second chance to fix our relationship. Not many people get this chance but I was lucky. I guess I was the moon goddess's favourite wolf, I mean, she did pair me with one of the most Beautiful and unique girl on earth and in this universe. Soon sleep overpowered me and I fell asleep next to her, with her locked in my arms. I wish all nights went like this, minus the nightmares though.