chapter 9

Elizabeth Greyson
Okay, I am stupid, I just allowed Hunter to sit next to me, just trusting him in his words. Lucky me, he didn't touch me and kept his hands to himself. The only few times are skins collided was when he was adjusting my pillows of helping me walk to the washroom.
Now that he was out of the room, preparing dinner, I took the chance to look at the room I was staying in.
I must agree his class of taste is high. Beautiful spotless white walls with woodwork. Two small bedtables
On either side of the king sized bed with lamps on top. Very little decorations on the wall. Perfect. I noticed a little enclove in the corner of the room. Must be the closet, I thought. I looked at the small photo frame on the table beside me and saw a heartrobbing sight. It was of baby Hunter, where his parents, I suppose parents they were, were holding him. He looked so adorable.
As I was admiring the photo indidnt notice Hunter walk in with two plates of steaming veggies and mashed potato, gravy and bread.
"Dinner is served, my lady" He said as he set the plates in the bed and sat down
I kept the photo back at its place, wincing a little because of the movement which didn't go unnoticed
"Will you be able to eat by yourself or should I help. I mean of course you can eat yourself, it's just thay I think the small movements are causing you pain" He said
True the movements did hurt like hell. The IV tube was put but the blood one still remainedm yes I realised that the needles in my arm were IV needles and not drug needles.
"Would you mind... " I trailed nit knowing how to proceed. Who the hell, let's a person they barely met feed young, specially when you are confused whether you can trust him or not.
"Of course" He said smiling and walking over to my side of the bed. He grabbed a small chair from somewhere behind and began feeding me. Since the food was hot jlhe made it a point to blow at it.
"It's so tasty, who cooked this? " I asked. Knowing that a lot of people lived in this house, I wanted to know the cook.
"I did" He said "glad you like it"
"Like it, I love it.... I don't think I never had such tasty simple food even at a five star restaurant" I said as he fed me some more potato.
"Get used to it lizzy, I will be cooking a lot" He said. Inarched my eyebrow at him. No one ever called me lizzy
"Sorry it's just... I just" He stammered
"It's all right, you can call me lizzy"  I said. I knew Elizabeth was long name and I guess lizzy sounded perfect, specially when he was the one calling me the name.
"How long have you known I was tour mate ? " I asked.
"I  got to knowthat you're my mate when I first met you" He said
"How? I mean how does a wolf know that he has found a mate? " I asked, curiosity killed the cat, let's hope ny curiosity didn't get me killed.
"Well, let's see. When a wolf encouters their mate, they usually feel intoxicated by their mates scent. The pressence of that person is enough to calm themselves, even if they are angry" He said
"Did my scent intoxicate you" I asked
"Yes, you smell of strawberries and roses. It drives me and my wolf crazy" He said
"You know I like your scent to. You smell of oak and mint" I said soft, hoping he didn't hear it. Even if he did he made no comment.
We had now finished our dinner and it was almost time for bed. I noticed I had no clothes to change into and the ones I was wearing had blood on it.
"Here, you can wear this. I brought it for my mate years ago, I think it's of your size " He said handing me a soft silk nightgown.
"Do you have multiple mates" I asked
"God, no, every wolf has only one mate, only one person can have the power over a wolf. You're the only one and if you reject me, I'll be living my life with half a heart and extreme pain" He said and I nodded
"One month" I said
"Sorry, what? " He asked
"One month for you to change my mind about you. One month to prove that you and your pack are different from the wolves I have encountered" I said
"What happens if I fail" He asked
"You lose me and I reject you" I said
"Deal, in one month I'll show you we are different" He said determined.
I nodded. I tried to get up to go to the bathroom and was immediately aided by Hunter. He stood outside while I painfully changed and did my night business.
I walked out and Hunter helped me back to bed and helped me lie down. Tucking me in with a soft blanket, he adjusted the air conditioning temperature .
"Goodnight lizzy" He whispered kissing my forehead as he walked out switching off the light.

"No.... Don't kill them... Please" I screamed
The red eyed dog just laughed and tore the limbs of my parents and beheaded my sister. I was in a corner sonning waiting for my turn.
"Leave her" Said one of the men and the red eyed dog nodded.
I woke up panting, sweat was dripping of my forehead.
I looked at Hunter and hid myself in his arms, sobbing
"Sssh, it's okay you're safe" He said, he kept running his hand down my back in a soothing manner. Once I had calmed down I straightened up, somehow his arms felt safe and I wanted to stay in them all night
"Nightmare? " He asked. I nodded
"Wanna talk about it" He asked
"It was of the day when I witnessed my families death" I said
He remained silent and hugged me.
"Do you mind staying here for the night?" I asked and he nodded
"Sure"
He helped me lie down and gently sat down next to me. He kept running his hand over my forehead and sang a soft song. The ssoothing song and his presence lulled me to sleep.