chapter 4

Hunter black
I was just getting ready for the charity ball, where i knew my mate would be, call it Stockholm Syndrome or whatever I knew everything, well almost everything about her schedule.
"Alpha, we found lead for where the wolf hunter is" Said my beta
"Capture him/her and lock them in the cell, torture them if needed" I said
"The hunter is a she, alpha" Said my beta
"I dont care, lock her up and torture her if required. After the ball I'll go for a meeting with the other alpha wolfs in hope of an alliance and to maintain peace and quiet. Till then keep the hunter on one meal a day and if she tries anything you know what to do. " I said and he nodded.
Satisfied with my looks, I walked out confidently. My pack lnew nothing about the fact that I had found my mate, I didn't want things to go out of hand, with my pack members pouncing on her for information and surrounding her to get to know her. I may be a cruel wolf to the prisoners but to the people I care about I am told I am the sweetest person to find.
Ditching my driver, I got into my Porsche 718 black car and drove to the charity ball.
The ball was raising funds for children suffering from HIV, to help them, considering it a good cause,was one of the added perks of me going, else charity balls I tend to avoid, since many of the ladies swoon over me and begin to flirt and consideding the fact that I belong to my mate and my mate only, I hated them for it. I vowed not to look at any other lady until I found my mate and my wolf was very happy about the fact.
I reached the location and after having a boring conversation with the damn reporters, I made my way to the entrance of the ball.
"Mr Black, wonderful that you decided to make an appearance today" Said Mr Leonardo Romanoff, CEO of Romanoff cooperation limited and a very rude and irritating man. God, can't I just kill him and move on
"Yes , I made, you see the part can't start without me" I said sarcastically. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw my mate looking ever so elegant in the red ball gown. Red complimented her or should I say she complimented the gown adding to it's beauty. Her make up was natural and her curls fell freely on her shoulders, she looked angelic, she looked superb, she was flawless. My wolf threatened to take control and mark her right away. It took every ounce of control for me to not let that happen.
Making a beeline towards her I noticed a slow song begin to play
"May I have this dance, my lady" I asked. She looked around and immediately relaxed when she saw me.

" Hunter, you're also here. Glad to see you" She said clearly surprised and happy. I guess she knew about the fact that I never attended the balls. I watched the blush creep onto her cheeks as she looked up at me. I was a bit taller than her.
"Hi there, Elizabeth, don't like dancing? " I asked noticing, she hasn't responded to my question.

"I don't know how to dance" She said, every so softly and shifted uncomfortably
"Not a problem. It's easy. Just follow my lead and do as I say " I said. It wasn't necessary for everyone to know everything and I was happy to teach my mate the basics.
"Okay but don't blame me if I step on your foot" She said. I laughed, it won't even hurt if she did, she is so light
"Don't mind if you do" I said as I led her to the dance floor. I guided one of her arms to my  shoulder and other hand I took in mine. My left hand slid down to her waist and I pulled her closer, not liking the distance between us. Every touch sent tingles and jitters throughout my body. . Gently I guided her through the steps. She began to fall, tripping over her dress, but I caught her, not letting her fall. I would always catch her if she fell. As the music began to end, I dramatically pulled her in for a dip, something I loved doing. .  I carefully set her upright,making sure she was well balanced before I let go and then led her of the crowded dance floor as a upfunk music began to play.
"Elizabeth, have I told you that you look extraordinary, magnificent and so beautiful in that lovely red off shoulder ball gown and the way your hair is falling on your shoulders makes me want to kiss you" I said making her blush, something I knew only I had the power to do. This was said by wolf who had suddenly taken control, I quickly took over making sure she was not uncomfortable with the sudden boldness
"You look quite dashing yourself. Black suits you" She said, looking up into my amber eyes. Her chocolate brown eyes we're captivating and I was drowning in them.
"Thank you" I said "drink? " I asked, almost picking up two scotch neats
"Champagne please" She said and he nodded. Oh so the lady preffered bubby drinks over the classic scotch, fine by me
I picked two flutes of champagen from a nearby waiter, and handed a glass to her
" to new partnership" I said and to a new relationship , I thought
We clinked our glasses together and took a sip
"I had no idea that you danced so well" She said as we sat down on a nearby table, her feet terribly sore from the heals.
"Thanks for the compliment lady but for a beginner you were magnificent" I said truthfully.
As we continued to talk, a nearby man accidentally spilled his drink on my mate. Thinking it was an accident I kept my cool and allowed my girl to handle the situation
"Hey" She said as she took out a tissue to clean her dress
"Sorry" Said the man drunkingly
"Let me help clean your dress" He further added as he leaned in close, uncomfortably close and began dabbing her dress. My wolf growled
"Back off, I'll do  it my self" She said trying to get up but the man held her wrist. He was going to pay if he didn't let go within the next few seconds
"Let go" She said and he refused
"She said let go. Respect that" I Said finally stepping in
The man refused
"I'll say it again, but next time don't expect words" I said and noticed the man  tighten  his grip on her wrist.
"Oww, your hurting me" She said as she tried to release herself. I noticed how she struggled and how her eyes conveyed fear and hurt.
Not thinking about the consequences, I punched the man, right in his nose, breaking it. It causing him to loosen the grip and Elizabeth broke free.
She rubbed her wrist vigrously trying to sooth the pain. That  man's grip had left an imprint on her wrist. A purple bruise was forming.
"You need ice... Otherwise it'll bruise " I said , gently taking  her wrist in my hands . I signalled a nearby waiter to bring some ice and a tissue while I her towards a quieter corner, away from the bastard.
The waiter brought the ice and I gently rubbed the ice on her wrist. She whimpered and it broke my heart. She was in pain and the only thing I could do was to rub ice on her wounds.
"Thank you, for the save" She said
"Don't mention it" I said. I was there to protect her and she didn't have to thank me for it. She was every so kind and innocent.
"Let me drive you home"I said losing interest in the party
"Okay, let me just grab my bag. " She said, I of course followed her to the chair where her bag was and then led her to my car, all this time my hand rested on the small of her back protectivly.  I opened the door for her and helped her in. I was still angry at the man but kept in control sonas to not scare the lady next to me. All I wanted was to beat the life out of him for touching her like that.
As we drove in comfortable silence, I noticed that she was almost asleep and her head rested on my shoulder. I smiled, her scent driving me crazy and at the same time calming me down.
Once we reached I gently shook her and after a few exchange of words watched her walk into her house. I notced that she lived near the forest, beyond which my house was. She had been so close go me but yet so far away. This was going to change. Reluctantly I drove away and headed to London, for an annual alpha meeting with other alphas, to renew the alliances and form new ones, if possible. Till the time I came back my beta,  Daniel was in charge of the pack and of course welcoming our hunter. Hopefully she was caught by now.