Chapter Five: Puppy Dog Faces and Ping Pong Barf

this chapter has been completed and was updated as of 11:30pm (ish) March 26, 2015. 

Chapter Five – Puppy Dog Faces and Ping Pong Barf

          “Hey Iain?” I asked when I heard his deep, sluggish voice answer the phone.

          “Whit?” he grumbled.

          “Do you remember when you dropped me off and said, ‘Whatever you need, Kitten?’” I asked, making my voice deep when I mimicked his words.

          “I do,” he said, and I could hear the smile forming on his face.

          “Well I need a huge favor,” I said.

          “I figured,” he said.

          “Mellie and I may or may not be at a party,” I said.

          “Uh-huh.”

          “And we may or may not be too drunk to drive home.”

          “May or may not?” he asked.

          I looked over to see Mellie wandering away from me, over to some guy eating a sandwich.

          “Is that a sandwich?” she asked him, nearly sitting on his lap. The guy looked at her like she was crazy.

          “I love sandwiches,” she slurred out, grabbing his sandwich from him.

          “Mellie! Don’t eat his sandwich! He might have cooties!” I yelled trying to run after her.

          “Where are you?” Iain asked, and I heard the jingle of his keys in the background.

          “Um, you know the park across town?” I asked.

          “What are you doing there?” he asked, confused.

          “We’re at the house across from it, but wait—Mellie! Watch for cars!” I laughed, “No we’re going to the park I think!”

          “I’ll be there soon. Stay out of trouble,” he laughed at me.

          “Okay,” I said, running after Mellie towards the park. I found her playing 1950s music out loud on her phone as she climbed the monkey bars. I laughed and climbed after her. We wailed the lyrics of the songs from the top of our lungs. Mellie lay down on top of the bars, and I hung upside down from the bar by my legs.

          “Good golly, Miss Molly,” Iain chuckled, walking up to us.

          “Iain! You’re the greatest!” I smiled. He walked up to me and I let go of my hands on the bar, and he rushed up quicker.

          “I’m not going to fall!” I laughed.

          “You’re very drunk, Kitten,” he looked at me warily.

          “I’m not going to fall!” I said, pulling myself back up so I wasn’t hanging upside down anymore, and turned so I was hanging from the monkey bar by my arms.

          “Catch me!” I laughed, and Iain’s strong arms wrapped around me before I hit the ground.

          “My savior!” I laughed. He rolled his eyes and set me on my feet.

          “Mellie, do you need help getting doon?” Iain asked.

          “Nope! I am an independent woman!” she laughed, and climbed down. Iain started to lead us to the car, only for Mellie to stop and throw up the contents of her stomach in the grass. Iain patiently held her hair as she puked her guts out.