Chapter Thirteen: Unsettled and Uncomfortable

Hey guys! It's super late, but I really wanted to upload this for you guys because I'm still swamped with school work and everything else—scholarships and housing applications for college, prom on Saturday, you name it. So, that being said, I'm not sure when the next part will be up, but I promise you this is not the end and there IS another part and I will do my absolute BEST to get it out ASAP! also there's this really good cheesy rom com on Netflix—One Small Hitch so go watch that while you wait for the next part I'm still giddy over it.

Chapter Thirteen: Unsettled and Uncomfortable

Alternative Title: Friends Pay For Dinner, Too

          "I love that top, Kit!" Olivia smiled, walking across the grocery store just to tell me.

          "Thanks," I said, looking down at the baggy Pink top.

          "What're you doing tonight?" she asked sweetly.

          That's the thing about Olivia. Through everything that's happened, I really couldn't hate her. She was the sweetest person I'd ever met. She had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes and dimples when she smiled, which was all of time. She was a really great person. Which was why she was perfect for Ben.

          I glanced down in my cart that held a large tub of Chocolate Therapy ice cream. I seriously had gone into town to buy myself a large tub of ice cream and to have a movie night by myself.

          "Um, nothing, I guess," I said, which was only slightly less pathetic than admitting I had a hot date with Ben and Jerry and my bed.

          "Great! Would you like to go on a double date with Ben and I and Iain? I feel bad that Ben and Iain don't hang out as much as they used to because of me, and I'd really like to get to know you better, so I thought it would be a great idea. Plus, with Iain's schedule and your schedule, I haven't seen you around lately," she said.

          After Iain and I had agreed to keep things completely platonic between us, aside from in front of Olivia and Ben, that is, we'd sort of cooled off. We didn't talk very much anymore, and I tried not to torture him with my presence. Even if I was dying to see him again and have a fun little repeat of our last "kiss." So I mostly tried to hide out in my room to hide from my parents and from Iain.

          "Um, I don't know. I'd have to talk to Iain, I guess," I said.

          "I already talked to him! He said he'd love to go, and he misses you and would love for you to come," she smiled, "It was just pure luck meeting you here. I was going to have to beg Ben for your phone number!"

          "He did?" I asked and she nodded, "Well, then I guess I'll go," I said.

          "Great, we were thinking of dinner and a movie? Around seven? Does that sound okay to you?" she asked.

          "Yeah, sure," I said, "Well I've got to go, my ice cream is melting in my cart," I laughed.

          "See you tonight!" she smiled.

          I paid for my ice cream and drove home, I dug out a chunk of the ice cream and watched one movie. I got a text from Iain, and I opened it.

          Iain:

          I'll pick you up at 6:30

          I texted back with "Oh, you don't need to pick me up, I can walk there and we can all leave together. It'll save your gas that way," I offered.