Chapter Eighteen: Dark Knights and Disaster Dates

Hey guys! I'm sorry that it took me so long to update. But I graduated yesterday, so there's that! I hope that this chapter makes it up to you, but I must warn you, it's not an easy one to swallow.

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER IS KIND OF HEAVY.

Chapter Eighteen –Dark Knights and Disaster Dates

          My plan for the night was to get plastered. After the week I had; I not only needed it, but I deserved it. Of course, after seeing my inebriated peers, I thought otherwise. It didn't, however, stop me from having two beers. But I was limiting myself at that.

          "Isn't this great?" Mellie smiled. She was alive, glowing even. This is where she belonged. She thrived in settings like this, the social butterfly, the promiscuous harlot; she was a walking enigma.

          "Yeah," I smiled. Tyler came over to Mellie and tried to make peace. They'd "broken up" but that's how they were. Together, apart, a couple, fucking, and separating the cycle was endless. It suited them. They were that couple that would inevitably be together forever, but still manage to break up every single day.

          "They're fucking nuts," Kain said, handing me another beer. Well, I guess I wouldn't want to let this go to waste, now would I? I sipped it, not really caring about my two beer promise to myself. I'm really good at breaking promises to myself.

          "They were made for each other," Kain and I said at the same time. We laughed, watching our best friends fight and make up. It was nothing short of dramatic, and of course, it was spectacular. Everything about Mellie was spectacular.

          "You know, I really kind of like you," Kain said. His blunt confession shocked me. Kain usually kept his feelings and thoughts to himself. That was okay with me, I could understand his introverted-ness. But this up-front confession scared me a little.

          "I mean, you're beautiful, and funny, and smart," he said, "What's not to like, I guess," Kain continued.

          "Um," I started.

          "I know, it's kind of fast, but I'm drunk, and I had to tell you," he said. I laughed.

          "You want to go upstairs to talk?" he asked. I nodded, and he grabbed my hand leading me upstairs. He pulled me into a room, and I sat down on the bed. He followed suit.

          "This is kind of awkward. I mean, I don't even know what to talk about," I laughed.

          "Then let's not talk," he said, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He leaned in, and I met him in the middle. He kissed me, and the only thing I could think about was how differently he kissed compared to Iain. I kissed him back, still unsure of the whole thing. I mean, it was just a kiss.

          Kain tangled his fingers in my hair roughly. I couldn't shake the feeling that what I was doing was wrong, that even though Iain and I weren't actually dating, I felt like I was cheating him. Aside from that, Kain just wasn't that great of a kisser, and I wasn't that attracted to him.

          I tried pushing Kain away gently, and he kissed me harder, so hard that it hurt my lips. He pinned me down the bed, and I frantically tried pushing him away. Kain's hands were rough and grabby on my skin, and I knew I would have some bruises in the morning.

          "Stop," I begged.

          "What's wrong, you were into it like three seconds ago?" Kain asked, but continued kissing and grabbing. He grabbed my shirt roughly, trying to pull it off. Tears leaked out of my eyes.