Chapter Thirty Four: Dads and the Deed

A big prelude to this chapter: When I was writing this story, I wrote the first chapter first, and this chapter is actually the second chapter I wrote. A lot of adding and changing things and moving things around happened in the meantime, but I think it's kind of important to note that it was written before the rest of the story. Also I realize that chapter thirty four is kind of late to introduce one of the biggest twists in the story. I didn't really intend for that to happen, oh well shit happens. 

Also this is rated M because ya know. 

Chapter Thirty Four: Dads and the Deed

I pulled into the parking lot of Ben's apartment complex and screamed. The scream quickly turned into a sob, and tears streamed down my face. I parked my car and pounded on the steering wheel. I had to calm down. I couldn't go inside like this. I thought maybe getting out of the house would calm me down, a nice drive with some angst-y angry music, but I couldn't stop gritting my teeth, or replaying the argument through my head.

"What I don't get is why you did it and managed to keep it a goddamn secret all these years. Don't you think you owed it to me? Or I don't know, your goddamn daughter?" my father screamed.

"Guys, could you keep it down? I'm trying to fill out college applications," I said softly, realizing I was entering the line of fire.

"Why don't you tell her the news you shared with me?" my father yelled angrily at my crying mother.

"Dad, can't we give it a rest? Mom's--," I start to say.

"Don't fucking call me that!" my dad yelled, getting out a glass.

"What? Dad?" I asked, confused.

"Don't fucking call me that. You're not my fucking daughter," my dad yelled angrily, throwing the glass bottle of whiskey at the wall.

"What?" I spat.

"Tell her, Rhonda. Tell her how you fucked some other guy and got knocked up when I was away."

"What?" I asked, tears streaming down my face, "Mom," I choked out, but she just held a hand over her mouth and nodded.

I was going to be sick. I was going to puke.

I hit the steering wheel and continued to sob angry sobs. I hadn't even thought, I'd just reacted; borrowed my mom's car and drove to Iain's. It was pouring outside, matching my mood. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. I was already annoying enough to my twenty-one year old brother, well, half-brother, I guess, and his roommate. They did not need me crying and sobbing.

Someone knocked on my window and I turned to face Iain, standing in the rain, getting soaked. I turned off my car and took a deep breath, and wiped my eyes, looking in the rearview mirror to try and salvage my makeup, but it was a lost cause.

Iain opened my door and I turned to face him. He stood there, wearing a plain white t-shirt, hands in his pockets, not saying a damn word. I sighed, but it came out a raspy sob, and I got out of my car, and he immediately wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug.

It wasn't until he was pulling me tighter into him, which was practically impossible that I really sobbed. He placed kissed along my forehead and hugged me in the pouring rain.

"Shh, Kitten, it's okay. It's okay. I'm here. Don't worry," he cooed. He pecked my forehead. I took a deep breath and breathed in his scent, trying to calm down. He pulled away from me, his dark eyes catching mine.

"You okay?" he asked. I nodded. He smiled and pushed my wet hair out of my eyes.

"Let's go inside, okay? Ben's not home, if you wanted to talk to him aboot...whatever happened," he said. I nodded and he led me inside his apartment building we climbed the stairs and walked into his apartment.