Chapter Fifteen: Girls' Night and Grinding

"Tonight is a mandatory girls' night. You are to show up at my house with your sexiest clothes and then we are going to proceed to sneak into a really nice club and then after we've had enough sexy men grinding their junk on our hot asses, we'll go home and eat cereal and cry about the new Foster the People album. I feel like we haven't hung out in a year since you've gotten to have a nice little taste of the Scottish sex god," Mellie said to me as I was at my locker.

"Scottish sex god?" I laughed.

"If you deny it, you're wrong."

"Fine, tonight's a girls' night. I'm in. I love sexy men's junk all up in my ass," I joked.

"I'm glad we're on the same page," she said and left.

My phone buzzed, and I looked down at it as I walked to my AP Physics class-my last class of the day.

Iain:

You coming over today?

I replied a quick, "Nope-girls' night with Mellie."

I tried to pay attention during class, but Iain kept texting me.

Iain:

What does girls' night entail?

"Apparently sneaking into a club and grinding against sexy men," I replied.

Iain:

Would I qualify for one of these sexy men? (;

I resisted the urge to reply with a "YES HOLY FUCK YES," and put away my phone. Things were just starting to be normal for us. We'd finally come to terms with what it meant to be friends.

After class, I packed up some of my sexiest clothes and went to Mellie's.

"Hey girl," she said, handing me a fruity concoction that undoubtedly had a shitload of alcohol in it. I sipped it, and the bite of the alcohol hit me. Yeah, she was getting shitfaced before we went to the club. And I'm okay with that.

"Ooh, I love these," she said, opening up my bag and pulling out some sparkly heels.

"I brought them for you," I said.

"Great!" She smiled. We ended up poking around her closet for hours before figuring out what we were wearing. I ended up wearing a print dress with black stockings and combat boots and Mellie wore a crop top and tight skirt.

Mellie pulled her hair up into a sock bun, and I left mine down and messy. We spent a whole hour on makeup alone, making the perfect winged eyeliner and red lips.

I let Mellie drive to the club, spArk, despite the fact that she was slightly buzzed. It didn't matter anyway, because she was already a terrible driver.

"Hey can I have one?" I asked, pointing to her carton of cigarettes.

"And you say Iain isn't changing you," she laughed, and nodded. I put one in my mouth and lit it.

"Light me one," she said. I gave her the one I just lit and lit a second one.

"You would be pretentious enough to smoke American Spirits," I laughed.

"What does Iain smoke?" she asked.

"Marlboro Reds, like a true cowboy," I laughed.

"Which do you like better?" she asked.

"I don't really mind either. I know I don't like menthols," I said, shrugging and looking at my phone.

Iain: