Chapter Thirty Seven: Futons and Friendship

I just want to thank you guys for your love & support for this story. It's incredible to me that you all have sat through thirty seven chapters. Thirty seven. How did I even write thirty seven chapters? Bless you all I love you guys so much. Also, this isn't the end, and the next one's not the end either, but it has to end sometime, and thirty seven surely isn't the beginning, so keep that in mind. I love you all. Bye. 

Chapter Thirty Seven: Futons and Friendship

"Do I have to sleep on it?" I asked Iain quietly. I didn't want Ben to hear me. He was a mere five feet away, admiring the black click-clack futon that he was purchasing for us to set up and install in Iain's room and for me to sleep on.

"It's cheap enough," Ben admired, not giving Iain a chance to answer me. Ben picked up the cardboard box and placed it in the cart, Iain kept pushing it, keeping his mouth shut. I was getting kind of mad at him for not fighting Ben more on the whole futon thing, but maybe he didn't want to share his bed with me every night. I mean, we did only start dating, sharing a home and a bed was a big step for two people who'd only been dating a short while.

We went to the checkout of the superstore and Ben paid for the futon. He even assembled it all himself when we got home. Home; that was a weird word for this place. It felt more like home than my actual home, that's for sure.

Olivia came over while Ben and Iain were assembling the futon. It took them twice as long as it should have because they disregarded the instructions.

"How're you holding up?" Olivia asked, handing me a mug of hot chocolate.

"I'm alright," I said, "Kind of feel like I just got whisked out of my own personal hell, but I'm not sure I've been saved, if that makes any sense. It's a lot to take in."

"I can't imagine. I told the guys you could move in with me, but I think Iain and Ben felt better knowing you were close by. It's cute how much they care for you," she smiled.

"Honestly, I think it might be better if I had moved in with you. It's a lot to take in already and now I'm sharing a room with my recent boyfriend and we just had sex for the first time--," I started.

"Oh my god!" she squealed, "I totally figured you guys had done it before this, but how was it? I'm so happy for you!"

"At first? Ow. Then, wow," I laughed.

"That's honestly how my first time went," Olivia laughed, "Minus the wow. Props to Iain."

"He's been pretty hands off since, though. I slept on the couch for the last two nights until Ben could go with us to get a futon so you wouldn't suspect anything. You know, another place for us to hangout in Iain's but for me to secretly be sleeping that's not Iain's bed. Iain and I still haven't told Ben. Iain wants to. I won't let him."

"I wouldn't either. Ben will go ape shit," Olivia said, "I'll work on making things a little better. He listens to me sometimes, and maybe since Iain helped you through this whole thing Ben will understand."

"I appreciate it, Olivia. You're really great. I'm glad we're friends," I said, "I just can't figure out what you're doing with my brother," I joked.

"He's good in bed," Olivia said, point blank, and we laughed together.

"It's done!" Ben said, coming out into the kitchen with Iain trailing behind him. Iain grabbed a beer out of the fridge and planted a kiss on my forehead. I smiled, but couldn't help seeing something that was bothering Iain. He'd been awfully quiet tonight.

The four of us ended up watching TV for a while before Ben and Olivia fell asleep on the couch. Iain got up and headed to his room. Our room. So I follow him.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing," Iain said.

"If there's something wrong, you can tell me. I know this is all fast. We just started dating and now I'm forcing myself into your room--," I started, but Iain cut me off with a hard kiss on my lips.

"I'm fine with you being in my room. You aren't forcing anything. Nothing about this situation is your fault," Iain demanded.

"What's wrong, then?" I asked.

"I promise, everything is fine," he said.

"If you say so," I said, standing on my tip toes to kiss him. He pecked my lips and left me standing as he went to his bathroom. We hadn't done anything more than PG rated since I'd moved in. I was sure it was too much too fast. It had to be, right?

Iain returned to the bedroom wearing only his boxer briefs and I melted. I pulled off my shirt and dug for a shirt to wear to bed.

"Just because your clothes are here now doesn't mean you can't still steal mine," Iain said, tossing me a t-shirt, "And, no, you don't have to sleep on the futon unless you wish."

"Thanks," I smiled, pulling off my leggings and exposing the sexy red lace panties I wore just for him.

"Jesus fuck," Iain mumbled.

"Like what you see, Mr. Beatty?" I teased.

"Of course I do," he said, kissing me hard on the lips. I tangled my fingers in his hair, and he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he carried me over to his bed, lying me down and peeling off my t-shirt. His hands didn't dare dip below belt level, and I was getting extremely frustrated. I grabbed his hand and guided it between my legs. He rubbed me gently and then his hand left the space between my legs.

"Why won't you touch me?" I asked, breaking the kiss, "We've already had sex. Let's do it again."

"Kit...," he trailed off.

"Was it really that bad for you?" I asked, my voice breaking. I got up from his bed.

"No, no, no, Kitten, it was great," he assured me.

"Then what's the big deal?" I asked.

"I hurt you. I made you bleed and you didn't even tell me you were in pain," he said.

"It was fine," I said.

"It wasn't, Kit. And I don't want to hurt you again," Iain said.

"Well, you already did. I'm not a China doll. You're not going to break me, Iain. All this time I thought you didn't want me," I said, grabbing a pillow and placing it on the futon.

"I will always want you, Kitten," he mumbled as I laid down on the futon by myself and he turned out the lights. I was hurt, and upset that he didn't believe me when I said it was okay. Sleeping on the futon was the equivalent of sleeping on the couch, or at least it would be if we were a real married couple or something.

And it kind of sucked. But I was stubborn. I tried for a while to fall asleep on the futon, but I couldn't. I didn't want to go to bed angry. I'm not sure how long had passed, but I was pretty sure it was at least an hour.

"Iain?" I whispered.

"Hm?" he responded. I got up from the futon, dragging my pillow. He held open the covers of the bed for me, and I climbed in with him. He wrapped his arms around me tight and planted a kiss on the top of my head.

"Can we have sex, please? I promise to tell you if you hurt me," I said. He responded by kissing me hard on the lips and reaching for a condom.

8