Chapter Twenty Seven: Tomato Soup and Tests of Faith

I wasn't really sure how you were supposed to face a guy after you'd had his dick in your mouth. Especially if he was your brother's best friend and your fake boyfriend that was coincidentally in love with you and you found him very attractive but you could never date him for real because of a very long list of reasons you'd compiled in your head...

Needless to say, I hadn't really gone over there since I'd thoughtlessly decided to give Iain a blow job. It had been a week since I'd gone over there. I'd been sleeping at Mellie's when my parents' arguments got too bad, and I was starting to run really far behind on my schoolwork and college applications.

I had about two hours before my parents came home kicking and screaming, and I planned on using every second of it to catch up. Before my senior year, I'd always been a meticulous student. I did extra credit when I didn't need it and I did my homework every night, but as of late things hadn't really been that way. I had more than a couple B's, and I knew that colleges wouldn't really look good on that, so I had to raise them somehow.

I heard a knock at my door before Iain walked in. His dark eyes met mine with a suspicious look on his face.

"You're avoiding me," he said, sitting down on my bed.

"I am not! I--," I started.

"You're avoiding me because you don't know how to look me in the face after you had my dick in your mouth," he said again.

"I'm not really avoiding you," I said.

"What else do you call this?" he asked.

"I just wasn't really sure what do after...you know, and it just worked out that I haven't seen you. I'm not directly avoiding you," I said.

"Okay," he sighed.

"Plus, I'm really behind on my school stuff and college applications, and I've just been stressing like crazy," I admitted.

"And you didn't want to stress about me and my penis on top of all that," he said.

"I'm not really worried about you or your penis, Iain," I huffed.

"You know what you need?" Iain asked.

"For you to leave me alone so I can fix my grades and apply to a college to get me out of this God forsaken house?"

"A good old-fashioned, toe curling, heart racing orgasm," he replied. I shot him a dirty look.

"I'm just saying, it'd really ease your stress and I'm totally willing to help you have one in any way you want," he said.

I turned back to my desk and ignored him. I tried to work the crick out of my neck and focus back on my work.

"Tense, Kitten?" Iain's deep voice asked, and I could almost hear the smirk on his face. I continued to ignore him and work on my stuff, but the next thing I knew, Iain was standing behind me, massaging my neck and back and reading my work over my shoulder.

"That's a really good college application essay," he said.

"You're not supposed to read it!" I said.

"Well I did, and you're a really good writer, Kitten."

I sighed, saving the essay and hitting submit on the college application. I looked down at the calculus homework I had on the desk.

"You skipped a step here," Iain said, and I looked up at him.

"What? You skipped it and it's going to mess you up," he said.