Chapter Twenty Five: Secrets and The Scottish Sex God

my birthday is on friday, july 10 and i am becoming an adult so please enjoy this chapter

Chapter Twenty Five: Secrets and The Scottish Sex God

I hadn't really known what to say to Iain after he told me he loved me. So I went to the one person that always knew what to say, even if it was the wrong thing to say at the time.

"Hi," I said softly when I walked in the door of Mellie's room.

"Hi," she answered back. She was sitting on her bed with a package of six Hershey's chocolate bars in front of her. I sat down with her and she handed me a chocolate bar.

"We haven't talked in a while, I feel," I said.

"I know," she said, "I still feel bad about the Kain thing."

"It wasn't your fault."

"I know, but I should have been there. It's my job to protect you. Girls there for girls. Girl power."

"It's fine, Mellie. Iain was there and we got a lot closer because of it. I think we kind of needed that sort of thing for us to be where we are now."

"Where are you now?" she asked, biting into some chocolate.

"Can you keep a secret?" I asked.

"Bitch, we've been friends for years and I've still never told anyone it was you that stole Ben and Iain's clothes during the football game so they had to go home naked."

I laughed at the fond memory. It was our freshman year and I'd been mad at Ben and Iain for scaring away the only boy that was willing to ask me to homecoming, so Mellie and I plotted to steal their clothes out of the locker room during the game. Then after the game, they didn't have any clothes other than their sweaty football uniforms that had to be turned in for laundry, and they had to go home naked and publicly humiliated. It only backfired a little when they weren't that humiliated by the ordeal.

"What did you call that?"

"Doing the Lord's work," she said, laughing, "Because those two boys have the finest asses."

"Well one of them does, and the other is my brother," I fake gagged.

"He has a nice ass. Spill the secret," she said, and I grabbed another Hershey bar.

"Iain told me he loves me."

"That's logical. You've know each other for a long time. Don't overthink anything," she shrugged, chewing her chocolate.

"What is it with people and thinking that I overthink things? He told me he loves me, as in he is in love with me. In a romantic sense," I said.

Mellie choked on her chocolate before squealing.

"HE LOVES YOU."

"That's what I said," I sighed.

"Oh my god, this is perfect! You guys can date for real and get married and have little Scottish babies. Yes!" she said.

"Mellie, don't get ahead of yourself. He just told me he loves me, but we can't date for real...," I said.

"Why the fuck not...he's in love with you," she sing songed.

"Because I'm leaving for college and he's graduating. My home life is a wreck, and I just can't depend on that kind of relationship right now. I need him in my life, but not like that."

"Kit, just because you think it might not work out in the future doesn't mean that it won't work now. You shouldn't give up a fantastic now for the future. There is so much in experiencing what you can right now. Just because you aren't sure if you will be able to love him later doesn't mean it should stop you from loving and having that experience of being with him now. He could be one of the great loves of your life and you'd never know."

"Maybe, I don't know. It's all just a mess because of Ben and--," I started.

"Ben is your brother, and he's a great brother most of the time. But he shouldn't stop you from doing what you want. It's your life and if you keep letting Ben stop you from doing the things you want, you're going to start to resent him for it, and he hasn't even done anything."

"When did you get so wise, Mellie?" I asked.

"After I fucked Hamilton, I got pretty wise," she laughed; Hamilton was the smartest person in our grade. I laughed until my sides hurt.

"Hamilton? When did that happen?"

"Last week. He's got a huge package, you'd never guess it though," she laughed.

"Does he know how to use it?" I asked.

"He does, surprisingly. I'm going over to his tomorrow for seconds," she laughed.

"Seconds?" I questioned.

"Okay so like maybe fourths." And that's how I knew I had the best best friend a girl could ask for.

wcw