ーsignal song

2021.10.21
(italics dialogue = english)

"Let's leave our things here and go," one of the boys said, after the rules of I-Land were explained. Alice and I were the only ones who got through and we still feel horrible.

We left Haneul, Binna, and all those guys behind.

Well there's a chance for us to join them in a bit too.

Everyone placed their bags on the chairs arranged in the 'lobby' and did a tour of the premises.

I-Land is amazing. There really isn't anything like it. It truly looks like it came from a movie.

Once we were done, we sat on the large couch in the living area, scanning one another. The screen displaying our pictures in cards felt like it was mocking us.

The boys seem fairly comfortable with each other already and the girls and I were the only ones keeping to ourselves. We aren't usually this shy but when you're surrounded by so many boys, we are bound to be.

They started to discuss strategies on how to vote while Alice and I continued to observe everyone quietly, trying to understand their vibes and personalities.

"Do you girls have any suggestions?" tall-danger-guy, K asked us, noticing how quiet we are. The whole room suddenly turned to the two of us, and I feel myself getting nervous again.

I scanned through everyone's eyes for a moment (practically skipping Jake) and saw a few of them turn away and shift uncomfortably. Whoops.

RBF girl, don't forget. Look kinder. Smile or something.

I shrugged my shoulders, not having any ideas at the moment.

"Well, I don't know about you guys but if I'm only going to be here for two hours, I might as well get some good food in," I joked and stood up, making my way to the food-filled dining table. I could feel their shocked looks on my back and heard Alice's laugh.

"Come on, fill up," I said, taking a bite out of a macaron yet they were all still frozen.

"Do you want me to feed you?" I raised my eyebrow teasingly. Alice laughed again and they all snapped before finally making their way to the table, grabbing onto their food of choice.

"You surprised me," Seon, who was across from me, said.

"Oh? Why?", I questioned, enjoying the rest of my dessert.

"You seem so cold," he said with a smile. I giggled a bit.

"I get that a lot, I'm sorry about that," I smiled and made eye contact. "Guys, I'm nice I swear, I'm sorry I look so cold," I directed to the whole group.

"I said that exact same thing earlier," Jay said with wide eyes, cute. I really liked the vibe he gives off, he seems so cool.

"Aye," I smiled wider and raised my hand for a high five.

"We haven't had the chance to talk with you girls," the tall, denim jacket wearing guy said. What was his name again..? He did Any Song and he's Haneul's age (I think) but what is up with his height? Calm down.

"Sorry, we were a bit tense," Alice replied sheepishly. I looked at her and couldn't find a trace of discomfort, that's good. "We can get to know each other now, though."

"Who is good at cooking?" Jay suddenly asked, and only two hands were raised, Alice's and tall denim guy's. "It's just us three?" He smiled.

"We're doomed," denim guy joked, making Alice giggle. She's in good hands, you can go grab a drink.