ーshe's hard to compete with

2/2
2021.10.12
(italics dialogue = japanese)
didn't proof read

since this involves the boys interacting with flirty female idols, i won't specify or say any names. i ain't gonna feed into anyone's ship or give an idol a questionable personality/role. these girls are probably fictional lmao

 these girls are probably fictional lmao

The 2020 SBS Gayo Daejeon.

Enhypen was invited to the event not even a month after their debut, it was truly an honour.

It brought a lot of attention to the group, many idols were curious about them. They were invited shortly after debuting, they were BigHit Labels' (now Hybe Labels) new group, they were all visuals and they have one female member among seven boys.

There were lots of criticism within the industry about why Della was placed in the group, but none of those people watched I-Land or knew about Alice. She wasn't supposed to be the only girl.

Hybe was unbothered, though. Della was a gem and it was proven by how popular Enhypen already is. Bang PD's vision during the start of I-Land came true, they had successfully debuted a co-ed group.

Tonight, Enhypen has to mentally prepare themselves.

Unlike MAMA, Gayo Daejeon provides rooms for all the attendees, making it easier for idols to stumble across each other. They might have to meet so many seniors.

The female idols attending were excited to catch a glimpse of the group. The girls within their age range, especially.

The older ones were just curious of the sole female member while the younger ones wanted to see how the group's visuals looked like in real life and if possible, introduce themselves.

The male idols were just as excited, if not more. When people say Della brought so many male viewers to I-Land, they didn't realise that idols were included as well.

So many people wanted to get to know the group more, but who is brave enough to make a move?

We have a girl who's hard to compete with and her seven bodyguards. How was anyone going to break through?

 How was anyone going to break through?

'It's a bit embarrassing though. What if I say that I want to get close to Della, instead? That might work better.'

'She's hard to compete with though. She's with them twenty four-seven and they must love her to bits.'

'There's a 1/7 chance that a male member is dating Della, I still have a chance.'

'They probably see her as a sister. Why would they date someone from their own group?' were among the thoughts that went through a few of the female idols' minds. Though unlike the boys who crush on Della, these girls are a bit braver.

Throughout the event, they used various methods to get the guys to notice them. Purposefully walking near them, being extra loud when they pass by, some even 'practiced' singing their own songs.

Yet none of the boys seem to care all that much.

Maybe it was a bad idea targeting a co-ed group where the boys are so whipped for the girl but seeing them interact with Della was how people knew how good they would be as boyfriends.

Most of these girls just stopped there. Worried for their pride if they push it too far.

As for the remainder.. well..

"Hello!" Enha greeted their senior with a bow. Four members came in with two of them hugging each other.

"Wah! You're all really tall!" the shortest girl said, looking at the boys in awe.

"Ah, thank you," Heeseung represented awkwardly.

"You guys did so well earlier," the main dancer complimented. "I love your concept, it kinda matches ours," she was staring at Sunoo the entire time.

"A-ah, thank you so much. I guess it does," Heeseung sacrificed himself again.

Della usually wouldn't mind people flirting with her men. They are very attractive and if no one flirts, something's wrong.

Her problem with these girls, though, is how uncomfortable they made them feel.

The Enha boys kept replying with close-ended responses. Every time they say something, Della was ready to answer, but Heeseung and Jungwon kept beating her to it. Trying to take the bullet for the team, she's guessing.

She had to do something. Something that would politely send them away without having the risk of possible scandals. Especially since they just debuted.

Then it hit her.

Della was born with a blessing and a curse. For this case, it might just be a blessing.

As one of the girls was talking about their group's debut days, Della relaxed her face out of the smile she stuck on and observed them one by one. Because she was purposefully glaring, her gaze should be extra intimidating.

It worked.

It worked with these girls and it worked with the girl group that came after them.

They suddenly paid more attention to her. They kept assuring her and saying that they got her back, that she could come to them whenever she needs advice.

Whenever they stopped focusing on Della, she resumed her glaring, and this ultimately led to their departure. They kept squirming and stealing glances at her, feeling very uncomfortable.

They knew about her RBF but they didn't think that it was this strong.

Well it definitely wasn't, Della just wanted them gone.

That night as she lay on Riki's bed, she held him tighter for a few seconds. He looked down at the girl who lay on his chest.

"Lala?"

"You're mine," she said in a baby voice.

"I'm yours?" he chuckled, playing with her hair.

"All of you are mine," she playfully said, loosening her grip and snuggled more comfortably. "-and I'm all yours."

"Della-chan, I love you," Jay called out, overhearing the conversation.

"I love youu," the rest of the boys followed suit.

if you want to ask enhypen something, head over to the tumblr link in my profile!