ーthe fam

2022.03.19

the first time the boys met della's (main) family

btw guys: in korea, married women don't change their maiden name! della's mom is ms.park

"Dad, please be nice," Della reminded before pressing the combination to their dorm

"Dad, please be nice," Della reminded before pressing the combination to their dorm. Della's dad can get a bit protective.

"Heyy, I'm nice! Right, honey?" Mr. Kang asked his wife. When he likes the guy, however, he's very chill.

"Don't worry, daughter. Your dad likes the members," her mom assured. "-and we saw them with you almost 24/7 so he must really like them."

"Don't remind me," her dad groaned, making Jaein laugh. Della snickered and opened the door.

Meanwhile..

"Hyung! Jacket or no jacket?"

"Are you wearing makeup? Should I wear makeup?"

"Bangs or no bangs?"

"Should I wear it like this or like... this?"

"Wait! Wait! It's clean enough right?!"

"Is the bathroom good?!"

"Shit they're here! Okay, guys! Stand by!" they were all anxiously stood in one line.

"Wait wait- we look too stiff. We should act natural," they immediately dispersed throughout their dorm.

"Guys, I'm back!" Della called out.

Heeseung took a deep breath before taking one for the team (since they have yet to have a leader).

"Welcome back," he greeted at the entrance. "Hello!" he bowed to her parents, to which they reciprocated with a small one.

"I'm Heeseung," Heeseung offered his hand out for a handshake with another bow. "Let me help you carry your bags first."

"Thank you, oppa," she passed him her large suitcase.

"Welcome back- Hello!" Jungwon and Sunoo appeared. "I'm Jungwon," "I'm Sunoo."

"Abeonim, let me help you," Jungwon offered but Mr. Kang only waved his hand.

"Ahh, it's okay. It's nothing," he placed the luggage in their living room.

"Hello!" Jay, Jake, Sunghoon and Niki bowed in unison before shaking hands and introducing themselves.

"We apologise for the mess and we don't have a sofa yet," Jay spoke up.

"No no, it's okay. You just moved in," Ms. Park smiled sweetly. "I made you kids some kimchi," she lifted the bag in her hand.

"Wahh! Thank you eomeonim," it was clear that the boys were really tense but they soon found that Della's comforting aura is present within her family too. Even with her intimidating dad.

They learned about Della and her mother's sister-like relationship, how big of a daddy's girl she is and how Jaein really loves her sister.

"Well we shouldn't stay here for too long. You guys must be so busy and you need to unpack and everything," Ms. Park placed a hand on her husband's shoulder. "But I just realised that I left a bag of groceries in the car. Can you please get it for me, sweetie?"

"Ah- eomeonim, I'll do it!" Jake attempted to avoid what he knew was coming.

"Nah, it's okay, Jake. Della can handle it," her dad 'assured.'

"Ah okay, I apologise," he replied nervously. It's clear where Della gets her RBF from.

"Eomma, I wanna come with Lala," Jaein told her mother.

"Go ahead, daughter," the boys simultaneously sat up straighter when the two sisters left. "I'm sure you know what's coming."

"Listen- I like you boys. We watched I-Land so we know that you're good people. Our daughter is in good hands," Mr. Kang wasted no time. "But we're not gonna lie. Without Alice, she's now the only girl and she's also living with you seven, so just..." his voice cracked a bit.

"Just take care of her, okay? Take care of each other since you'll be together for a long long time," Ms. Park's voice was also starting to waver. "She's still our little baby so please don't hurt her."

"We're trusting you with her, yeah? Don't fuck things u- ow!" Mr. Kang touched the spot where his wife slapped. "Park Dasom! It's not like they've never heard a person swear!" the boys tried their hardest to hide their smile. It's also clear where Della gets her carefree-like personality from.

"If you guys need anything, we live in Seongbuk-dong or the office is not that far away from the YG building-"

"Here's our business card!" Mr. Kang gave out his card to Niki enthusiastically.

"Thank you," he received it with a small bow.

"We promise to take care of your daughter, abeonim and eomeonim," Jay represented. "We care about her a lot already so we will try our hardest."

"Oh we know you do- ow! Honey!" Ms. Park slapped her husband again. "...not in front of the kids- ACK!"

❅◦❆◦❅◦❆◦❅◦❆◦❅◦❆

if you want to ask enhypen something, head over to the tumblr link in my profile!