𝟘𝟘𝟡

"Here," (Y/N) said as she tossed the photos of her latest 'gift' onto Suk-Jin's desk—he being the same officer who had told her that he wouldn't be able to do anything about her stalker due to a lack of evidence

    "Excuse me... but what are these for?" He questioned with a sigh while capping his pen, glancing over the gruesome pictures.

    "Evidence," she responded as she crossed her arms over her chest, expression blank.

    "Are you saying that someone—this same someone you have been claiming has been breaking into your home and secretly taking pictures of you—has now left a dead and mutilated cat in your home?" He summed up as he raised a brow, almost as of he were baiting her. "Is what I am saying correct?"

    She couldn't help but narrow her eyes at the roundabout way he was questioning her on if she was right or not.

    "...Yes."

    "You don't seem too confident."

    Well, shit.

    "I'm confident about this. What I'm not confident about is if you're going to do anything about it."

    "Oh? And why is that?"

    "You're the expert here," she placed both hands on his desk as she tried to make him see her point. "Yet you haven't done anything for this investigation. You've been leading me around in circles instead of helping me, so now that someone has left a dead animal in my apartment, will you finally get up and do your job?"

    Smiling, Suk-Jin rolled back in his chair to approach one of the filing cabinets in the back of his spacious office, sifting through many envelopes before stopping at one and pulling it out. (Y/N)'s name was written across the top in bold ink since it not only contained her's and Jeffrey's statement, but also many other photos and necessities.

    He then added the photos of the cat, marking down the date along with her explanation.

    "We'll give you a police escort," he stated as he wrote down additional information on a sticky note before placing it on the folder. "Since I was the one hired for this case, it most likely will be me that'll be protecting you. I'll also take the liberty of installing new cameras for you, as I'm sure you've bought some, yes?"

    She nodded in confirmation to his question.

    "Good, then I wouldn't worry too much from here on out," he sighed as he stopped writing, dark eyes boring into her own.

    "Thank you," she replied, closing her eyes briefly as she inhaled. "I'm happy to see that this new evidence that has reached your attention is enough for police protection."

    "Listen, I don't make the rules here."

    "I know you don't, but still," she shook her head, pointing at the pictures. "Shit like this... no one sane does it."

    Just as Suk-Jin was about to say something, the phone on his desk trilled, snapping his focus away. Lifting the device to his ear, occasionally flicking his eyes upward to meet (Y/N)'s own, something shifted in his expression that told her something was very wrong. Blood running cold, she watched with clear nerves as he then turned to look up at her with clear pity and sympathy in his gaze.

    The look was unmistakeable.

    "I'm... sorry," Suk-Jin swallowed thickly. "Someone was found dead in your apartment."