𝟘𝟚𝟘

"Sorry

"Sorry... for coming over so late like this," (Y/N) apologized profusely as Suk-Jin held the door to his house open for her, the small bag of her overnight necessities clutched tightly in her hands. "I know this was unexpected... but thank you, really."

"Of course," he smiled, gesturing for her to set her luggage down. "Now... I did say we should hurry to the station so you could clarify the piece of evidence that we obtained, but are you sure you want to go now?" He glanced at his watch, "At three-fifteen in the morning?"

"Yes," she nodded immediately. "We need to catch this person. I'm done with them uprooting my life like this."

Giving a curt nod in reply, he led her to the garage where his car was parked, opening the door once more for her before he too slid into the vehicle and started the engine. The car ride was silent save for the small sound of the radio that trickled through the speakers, the sound only drowned out when it started to rain.

The girl paid no mind to this, propping her chin up and staring out the window, thoughts consuming her.

What did they find?

Is it incriminating?

Would it be able to help narrow down suspects? Narrow down gender? Race? Age?

I want to know...

I need to know...

"It's going to be fine, Miss (L/N)," the man next to her flashed her a comforting smile, his eyes only leaving to road to look at her for a second. "What we found doesn't mean anything to us... but maybe it'll mean something to you."

"Maybe..." she exhaled softly, now staring at her hands that fiddled with each other on her lap.

"What's wrong?"

At his further inquiry, she said, "I'm just worried... that when I see what you have... I'll be disappointed. I don't..." Her eyes widened, mentally slapping herself for not remembering it sooner. "Wait... I received another letter from this person... and I also received a key to a storage facility."

Suk-Jin's eyebrows rose in surprise at her statement.

"I... went there... and I believe this time, it would be useful to the police," she said as she placed the key along with the address in one of the small cup holders. "You probably think it foolish of me, but... as I've said before, we need to catch them. And no matter what means we have to use, I'll do it."

"That's brave of you... but also stupid."

"Excuse me?"

He gave her a grin that quickly turned more and more creepy the more she stared.

"W-What...?"

"Honestly, (Y/N)," he sighed, shaking his head, the girl noticing how he dropped formalities. "I admire that you're intelligent, but sometimes you just trust people way too much."

In an instant, everything clicked.

Even though the car was moving, (Y/N) moved quickly to try and open the door, Suk-Jin only locking the door and making her unable to unlock it from her side to thwart her efforts. Glancing at her from the corner of his eye, he laughed.

 Glancing at her from the corner of his eye, he laughed