𝟘𝟚𝟙

"Let me go," (Y/N) started in a very cool tone, however on the inside panicking as all the pieces finally started to fall into place

How there was not a shred of evidence.

How they knew where she was.

How they were able to do what they did while avoiding detection.

It was all him.

The very man assigned to protect her.

"I must say," Suk-Jin instead chuckled softly, meeting her gaze. "That expression you're making right now is worth having my identity exposed. Ah, well, it's not like I'll let you go, so, no problem there."

"They'll have known it was you," she spat, trying her hardest to stay calm in the ever growing, tense situation. "They'll check security footage... phone bills... and whatever they do check, it'll always link back to you. That mistake was so... stupid on your part."

"I can just have those deleted and erased."

"Wha—?"

"It's quite easy to do so in my position," he flashed her a dazzling grin, though unlike the mask of kindness it was, she could then see the malicious intent behind it.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

How do I get out of this situation?

Smash the windows?

No.

I can't call for help... I can't jump out of the car... could I overpower him?

But...

Her mind took her back to the body that they had found in her apartment—how truly damaged and mangled it was—and how they were much bigger and stronger than her. If such a person could be brought down, why did she think she stood a chance?

"Why... did you do this?" She finally said, settling for trying to get as much information out of him as possible. "What could you possibly gain from this?"

"Hah... and here I thought I already made my intentions so clear," he sighed, shaking his head with what she perceived as almost disappointment.

"What do you—"

Her words were pulled from her when Suk-Jin suddenly veered off the road and slammed on the brakes, tearing off his seatbelt and gripping her shoulders hard so that she was facing him, fingers digging into her skin painfully.

"How could you not know!? What were all those gifts for, then, huh!? What was all that arranging for and planning for, huh!?"

"W-What are you—"

"What am I talking about?" He once again cut her off, his crazed expression mellowing out a little as he released her and leaned back in his seat, hand covering his eyes while letting out a long sigh. "I fucking love you... (Y/N). How could you possibly not get that? Well... it was partially those friends and that boyfriend's of yours' faults. If it wasn't for them... we could've already been happy together. But no... they had to constantly be in our way."

"I have never met you before you were assigned to my case!" She yelled in frustration, his words confusing her greatly.

"Obviously," he laughed, as if her remark were funny. "After watching you for a couple years, now was the only time I had the courage to approach. But look how it ended up? Isn't it amusing?"

She froze.

Wait...

Years...?

?