𝟘𝟛𝟛

Dalia couldn't believe it

    Relief flooded through her veins at the clarification that (Y/N) was alive, but at the same time, terror and disbelief rooted her to the spot. Suk-Jin, someone supposed to protect and serve, had terrorized the very people he was supposed to be upholding those values to.

    It disgusted her.

    However, she had to force herself to keep watching.

    She remembered the gifts and notes that (Y/N) had shown her, and recalled how eerie it seemed, especially considering the sender seemed entirely infatuated with her. At the time, Dalia had an inkling of a suspicion that whoever it was that was sending those baskets weren't up to any good, but she never would have expected that allowing the continuation of it would lead to such disastrous consequences. For, not only was Jeffrey and another young man dead, but both Dalia and Sam were now incapable of ever feeling safe again.

    Dalia let out a trembling breath.

    It's okay.

    It's okay.

    All I need to do is take a picture.

    Just a picture, and then I can take it to the police. But... can I still trust them?

    Her blood ran cold at the thought of the other police officers turning out just like Suk-Jin, but she had to shake herself of the thought. One horrid cop didn't mean that all of them were that way, and she had to believe that. She would have no other chance of helping (Y/N) if she didn't, for she knew that if she tried to by herself, she would be killed.

    Shakily pulling out her phone, immediately turning it to low lighting so its brightness didn't alert the ones within, her thumb hovered over the camera button, the lens focusing.

    Just one picture...

    She pressed her finger down.

    The flash went off.

    Instantly, both (Y/N) and Suk-Jin's eyes were on her, their expressions one of disbelief.

   "Dalia!" (Y/N) screamed as she jerked upwards from her place at the table, throwing herself at Suk-Jin who looked like an enraged animal at that point, fear flashing within her (E/C) eyes. "Run!"

    Dalia didn't have to be told twice.

    Turning swiftly on her heel, she bolted down the dirt road into the darkness of the woods, wanting to let out a yelp of fear when hearing the door slam open behind her and heavy footsteps in pursuit. Slapping branches out of her way, tears streaming down her cheeks, her breath coming out in ragged gasps, she finally reached her car. Fumbling with the handle, she then slammed her door shut and started the engine. The headlights flashed on, showcasing Suk-Jin standing there, his entire visage dark with bloodlust.

    Adrenaline pumped through Dalia's blood, the sound roaring in her ears as she froze.

    The two stared at each other.

    He then began sprinting towards her.

    Screaming in rage, in fear, in horror, Dalia threw the car in drive and slammed her foot down on the gas pedal, closing her eyes as she sped forward. She jolted at the harsh bang that came from the front of the hood, slamming her foot on the brakes before then opening her eyes again. The headlights flooded the area around her, yet she didn't see Suk-Jin—alive or not.

    Her breath came out in heavy gasps.

    I need to get out of here.

    Unfortunately, just as this thought flew through her mind, the door was ripped open and she was dragged screaming from the vehicle into the darkness.

    No one could hear her, though.

    And no one ever would.