𝟘𝟙𝟛

"Since our apartment is an active crime scene, can I stay with you, Sam?" (Y/N) asked the girl over the phone, Jeffrey having already made a call to one of his friends too

"Huh? Of course!" She replied, voice slightly muffled due to chewing. "But, what do you mean 'active crime scene?' Wait, wait, wait! Is it like that same shit we see on TV!? Was it that freaky ass stalker of yours?"

"Yeah..." she murmured, rubbing her bare arm. "Ken is... he's... dead."

Sam fell silent, for once not a witty comeback falling from her lips until, "Damn... that's tough."

"Yeah... anyway, I just don't want to impose on Dalia and her boyfriend so... I'll be over in five minutes, is that okay?"

"Sure, don't worry about it. You can come and stay over at my bachelorette pad anytime," she stated before saying a brief goodbye and hanging up the phone, no doubt going back to the dinner that was interrupted.

"Well," (Y/N) exhaled softly before slipping the phone into her jacket's pockets, then turning to Jeffrey. "I guess I'll be staying at Sam's... though I'm still kinda sad that we have to be apart..."

"I'll be picking you and Sam up every morning, remember?" Jeffrey reminded her with a smile, however his hands that were on the steering wheel tightening, the taut flesh now stretched until the tan skin whitened. "I'll be only a few blocks away, so if anything happens, make sure to call me and I'll be there right away. I'll make sure that the bastard won't even be able to look at you."

"Thanks," she whispered, the drive then descending into a comfortable silence once more until they pulled into Sam's driveway.

Giving her boyfriend a kiss and brief goodbye, (Y/N) then opened the door to Sam's house and stopped inside, Jeffrey making sure she was safe before driving away. Almost instantly, (Y/N) was engulfed into a massive hug by Sam, her green eyes large and watery as unspilled tears threatened to run down her now blotchy red cheeks.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going through so much shit!?" She cried, seemingly more upset by the fact than (Y/N) herself.

"Um... what do you mean?"

"You found Ken fucking torn up on your bed, for Christ's sake!?"

"Yeah, and I threw up four times before I got here, been scared shitless for the past couple weeks, and haven't slept because of the damn nightmares I'm having," (Y/N) replied bitterly, the stress of everything that had built up practically spilled from her lips like a waterfall. "Is that better, Sam? Have all the information you need to satisfy your—" Cutting herself off from saying something she'd regret, she collapsed onto the floor as if her legs couldn't keep her up anymore.

"(Y/N)!" Sam cried as she immediately knelt beside her friend, hands set on her back that was shaking from the sudden sobs that tore through her.

(Y/N) couldn't reply.

All she could do was cry because of her hopeless situation.