𝟘𝟚𝟞

Suk-Jin waited three days

After that, he decided he had allowed Jeffrey to live long enough. It was time to eliminate the last thorn in his side, and he would do so happily since it would be like clearing up a mess that he had wished to get rid of for so long.

It would be refreshing.

Exhilarating.

Suk-Jin then wondered what the look on (Y/N)'s face would be when he told her the news of Jeffrey's death. He wondered if she would start screaming at him and attack him, or if she would break down and cry. Of course, she could also act melancholy as well, such as she had been doing for the last couple days whenever he went into her still-dark room to visit her and give her food and water.

It was starting to irritate him.

But then again, muted complicity was far better than raging defiance.

Currently, Suk-Jin was cleaning up the storage room that he had given up as a clue to (Y/N) before he had finally obtained her within his grasp. Evidence of his indulged desires, along with some of his fingerprints, were present within, and he had to make sure that the plan he had set in motion would go through without a hitch. The air smelled of chemicals when he was done, what he had collected from (Y/N) over the years still up and displayed.

    He hated to think what would happen to them, but it was a sacrifice worth making.

    They weren't worth more than the real thing.

    Now, all he had to do was wait.

    And he didn't have to for long, for soon enough, the sound of a car approaching before the engine shut off was heard. Jeffrey soon appeared out of the darkness, the bags under his eyes more present—suggesting several nights of no sleep, just like then.

    "So?" Jeffrey muttered lowly. "Why did you want to meet here, huh?"

    "I found this place by looking through security tapes of the night Miss (L/N) disappeared..." Suk-Jin answered truthfully, for he had no need to hide anything anymore. "I already took pictures and gathered what evidence I could since it looks like whoever rented this unit went under a fake name and disguise, along with wiping it clean. All I need is confirmation that some of the belongings inside were indeed owned by Miss (L/N)."

    Jeffrey's expression twisted in revulsion.

    But he followed Suk-Jin in without a second thought, the door closing behind them.

    That was his second mistake.

    The first was ever agreeing to meet Suk-Jin.

    Sliding black gloves on, along with making sure his hair was securely tucked under the hat he was wearing, Suk-Jin pulled out the knife that he had kept hidden in the folds of his jacket. After that, he didn't waste a second in walking towards Jeffrey and slicing the blade across his carotid artery, watching with satisfaction gleaming in his dark eyes as the man fell to the floor with a gargled choke.

    He didn't last much longer after that.

    The life was gone from his eyes far before he was done bleeding out, the scarlet liquid gleaming in the fluorescent lighting.

    After changing out of his clothes and disposing them, the gloves, and the knife in a black trash bag, he carried it out to his car and placed it in the back. He didn't bother moving Jeffrey's body or anything else in the storage room, instead driving away before stopping on the side of the road mikes away from the complex. Taking out his computer, it wasn't long before any trace of his presence was permanently wiped from the storage system's files.

    Suk-Jin was always a meticulous person.

    Everything had to be perfect.

    And to gain what he wanted, he would stop at nothing until everything in his path was eliminated.