𝟘𝟙𝟝

The small hum that reverberated through the policeman's nose was a somber tune, the pen in his hands every once in a while flicking to his notepad in concentration

The small hum that reverberated through the policeman's nose was a somber tune, the pen in his hands every once in a while flicking to his notepad in concentration. (Y/N) stood beside him, her boyfriend next to her with an arm comfortingly around her shoulder, along with Sam who stood nervously biting her fingernail.

"Well..." Suk-Jin exhaled, slipping his notepad away and placing his hands on his hips. "This has certainly gotten more troublesome than I expected."

     "Then you better do something and make it not troublesome real quick," Jeffrey snapped, his grip on the girl tightening. "(Y/N) doesn't deserve to be frightened like this... especially from some psycho she doesn't even know!"

     "I assure you, Mr. Pèrez, we're doing all that we can," he gave both a pointed look. "However there's only so much of that we can do. The perp hasn't left any fingerprints, hasn't been caught on any security footage, and certainly doesn't leave any trace as to where they might be coming from and how they're involved with Miss (L/N) here."

"How..." she cleared her throat before gazing into his dark eyes. "How were they able to get in... here? How were they able to find me? How... did they not even leave anything behind?"

"Hm..." he scratched his chin, letting his eyes wander around the room. "I'm sure he'd naturally know everything about you—along with those close to you."

"God..." she felt tears slipping down her cheeks. "Why can't this fucker realize I want to be left alone!?

"We'll find them, Miss (L/N)," the detective gave a nod of his head, watching as she buried her face into Jeffrey's chest, his arm then wrapping tightly around her in a comforting hug. "It won't be long before they slip up, and when they do, you'll be the first notified once they are imprisoned."

"Thank you, sir," she smiled crookedly.

Returning the look, he yelled for the few officers to clear the scene, the sound of the sirens wailing soon fading into the background, leaving just the couple and Sam.

"I-I'm so sorry, (Y/N)," the girl stuttered, running her hands nervously through her red hair.

"It's no—"

"I know!" She cut her off, green eyes looking toward her with clear remorse written in the color. "B-But that thing was still able to get into my home which I said would protect you and now... now I'm afraid for you... I've always been afraid but if they can come here... can break in with no visible trace of forced entry... this terrifies me."

"Are you... are you afraid that you might... be killed?"

"In all honesty? Yes," she looked away, guilt crossing her expression. "Being involved with you... I love you, I truly do... but being your friend and having the possibility of death hanging over you... it's too much for me."

"...I understand," she nodded, picking up the few things she had brought and approaching the front door with Jeffrey before Sam's voice rung out one more time.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)."