𝟘𝟙𝟚

(Y/N) sat in the precinct just outside the interrogation room where Jeffrey was inside with Detective Erland Dumitru and Suk-Jin Lee, both asking the obvious questions about Ken

(Y/N) sat in the precinct just outside the interrogation room where Jeffrey was inside with Detective Erland Dumitru and Suk-Jin Lee, both asking the obvious questions about Ken. But her mind was consumed with something quite different.

    Mainly on the video.

It showed quite clearly Ken beating up someone near dead and laughing at them. It exposed his true nature of violence, and weighed down on her heavily, the victim's bruised face staring back at her an image that wouldn't go away no matter how hard she tried to will it or how much she wished it. What only unnerved her more was how the video was uploaded to all social media platforms merely minutes after Ken's body was found.

    The user was unknown, the only identifiable marker being the 'S' in the person's bio.

    Letting out an unintelligible groan as she raked her fingers through her (H/L) hair, tangling the tresses even more, she looked up when the door opened. Jeffrey and the two police officers stepping out with grim expressions.

    "Is... everything okay?" (Y/N) asked tentatively while standing up and moving closer to her boyfriend.

    "Yes, but..." Erland glanced at Jeffrey before shaking his head solemnly. "...please be aware that we do not have a solid lead on the investigation, and therefore are suspecting anyone having foul history with the victim... and that includes you too, Miss."

    "I see..."

    "However, due to time of death and others confirming your alibi—along with your boyfriend's as well—I find it unlikely that my previous statement will prevail much longer," he stated once before
tipping his hat and bidding them farewell.

    "Miss (L/N)," Suk-Jin then turned to (Y/N) after the other detective had departed. "I advise that you don't leave your house earlier than seven a.m. and no later than six p.m. due to how obviously severe the lengths this stalker of yours will go to. As for you, Mr. Pèrez, I advise that you do not leave Miss (L/N) alone for more than even half an hour. Extend this to personal friends and family since her—and their—personal safety depends on it."

    "Of course," Jeffrey nodded while wrapping an arm protectively around (Y/N). "Thank you for telling us."

"My pleasure; do be safe," he nodded stiffly before walking away.

With that, both Jeffrey and (Y/N) walked to the former's car, sliding into their respective seats as he started the vehicle. As they drove, the music from the radio and the rain pattering lightly against the metallic surface being the only sounds heard, Jeffrey finally broke that with a long sigh.

"What is it?" The girl tilted her head.

    "...I still don't like that guy," he commented with a scowl, referring to Suk-Jin. "But I'm glad at least he's helping us... especially when this whole situation is getting out of control."

    "We just can't give this person the chance to harm us again," she smiled, the look however strained.

And Jeffrey saw through it easily.

    "You don't need to act so calm if you're scared, babe," he gave her a pointed look as he placed a hand over hers. "At least when you're with me, your walls don't have to be up since even if you cry, I'll always be there to comfort you. I promise."