𝟘𝟙𝟟

Sneaking out of Jeffrey's hold, (Y/N) gave a murmured apology before quickly slipping on a hoodie, a pair of leggings, and running shoes for easy escape if need be, flinching when he shifted in his sleep

     "I have to do this, Jeffrey," she sighed as she looked at his sleeping face. "I need to end this."

     Swiping the car keys off the table along with the key that she was given, she descended the stairs of the apartment complex to eventually slide into the front seat of her small vehicle, hands clenching the wheel tightly as she drove down the road to said storage facility that was specified in the letter she was given.

I wonder what made them act like this?

Give me this clue?

What do they gain from this? I mean, is it all a game to them? Am I going to drive all the way there only to find nothing because they were just leading me on?

Exhaling softly at all the doubts that kept piling up within her head, she snapped out of the spiraling mindset as her eyes flicked upward to spot the sign for the storage facility. Turning into the parking lot that thankfully had the small flashing 'open' sign in one of the buildings windows, she then walked down the row of doors—some large and some small—before stopping at one of the latter's.

So.

This is it.

Inhaling deeply, (Y/N) turned the key into the knob and opened the door, the small creak of the hinges further unnerving her as she stepped into the dark room.

Fumbling to find the light switch, she could feel her blood chill upon sight of what was inside: hundreds of pictures of her were plastered over the wall, some with just her, and other with her friends or boyfriend whose faces were scratched out. A desk sat in the corner with a small lamp, barren save for paper and crumpled tissues tossed around.

For what, she didn't want to find out.

Another thing that horrified her was the collection of her things that she had assumed she had lost presented like trophies in display cases with dates and times specified.

As she pressed a hand to her mouth, she tried to calm down.

This... is where they brought their stuff.

Stuff of me.

Where they... indulged in their desires.

Swallowing thickly, the girl hastily took out her phone and snapped many pictures of the scene, almost letting out a scream when turning around and there being a dark figure standing in the doorway.

"W-Who...?" She stuttered out, almost dropping to her knees in relief when an elderly woman came in with clear concern written over her wrinkled features.

"Hello... I was just..." looking around the room, she gasped in shock.

"Ma'am..." (Y/N) diverted her attention back to her. "Um... do you run this place?"

"Y-Yes."

"Could you perhaps let me know who rents this storage room? As you can see... this person is dangerous, and I want to do anything to stop them."