𝟘𝟚𝟚

"Did you just say

"Did you just say... years?" (Y/N) stared blankly at Suk-Jin, his stretched silence slowly making her feel chills crawl across her body almost akin to the feeling of insects running across her skin. "How long? How long have you been watching me!?"

Suk-Jin's dark eyes met hers.

And without answering her, he put the car in drive again and slowly started to accelerate.

The air was tense.

Tangible, even.

(Y/N) could feel her entire body tense, as if just waiting for the man to do something. She had already seen from the few minutes in the car with him that he could easily regain his composure no matter the situation, such a psychopathic tendency making her feel all the more uneasy. What bothered her the most, however, was how his spiraling obsession with her led to the complete opposite of what his job as an officer enforced.

Morality meant nothing to him.

Justice was all but nonexistent.

And to Suk-Jin, he would commit the most immoral acts to obtain (Y/N).

Anything for her.

"I remember the first time I saw you," he finally started, his voice low and taking on a rather unnerving and sharp edge to his tone. "I remember that exact day almost two years ago."

She flinched.

Two years.

He had been watching her for two years.

And she never noticed.

"You probably don't even recall it, do you?" Suk-Jin scoffed, his aggravation however showing from the way his grip on the steering wheel tightened. "Your absolute kindness to a stranger who was getting drenched from the rain. I was so lost back then, did you know? But, then you came along. You and your goddamn smile. You know what you said to me that day as you gave me your umbrella? You said that it wasn't good to be sad on rainy days, since the sky was already sad enough."

(Y/N)'s brows furrowed.

I said that?

I wouldn't normally do that...

"I kept seeing you... over and over again I'd catch you out of the corner of my eye," Suk-Jin let out a slow exhale of breath as he turned onto a rather lonely road into the woods. "And that was when I realized something."

He stopped the car.

(Y/N) slowly lifted her (E/C) eyes to take in the massive house similar to the one she had seen before when meeting Suk-Jin earlier. It looked so out of place surrounded by the green trees, so tucked out of sight that it would have been impossible to find unless someone actively knew where to look. And as she turned back to face the man, she felt her blood freeze in her veins.

Infatuation and longing were present within his dark gaze, the emotions so twisted that it was chilling just to imagine.

"I realized that I would rather die than not have you," he whispered lowly as he grabbed her wrist, restraining her so that she was unable to escape. "And I figured having you in this life would be much better than trying to find you in the next one."

(Y/N) didn't say anything to that, instead biting his hand hard enough to taste the metallic hint of blood.

He hissed in pain.

But he released her all the same.

And just as she was able to use her feet to force the door open, just as she was able to taste freedom, that all vanished when feeling something blunt crack down onto her skull. The last thing she saw before her vision faded to black was a metal bat swinging while a whistled tune accompanied it.

 The last thing she saw before her vision faded to black was a metal bat swinging while a whistled tune accompanied it