𝟘𝟛𝟘

How long had (Y/N) been there?

How long had she been locked up in that dark room with Suk-Jin being her only company, occasionally allowing her out if she behaved?

How long?

He didn't tell her.

By that point, (Y/N) realized that there was no possible way that she could escape unless she convinced Suk-Jin to trust her enough to give her more privileges. But then again, she wanted nothing to do with the man that has taken away her freedom whilst simultaneously ripping her away from everything and everyone that she loved.

(Y/N) sighed as she brought her knees up to her chest, one year slipping down her cheek.

She hadn't cried in a while.

Those first few nights were sleepless since that was all she ever did, but then she couldn't since her tears were all but dried up.

Do I really have to do this?

Do I really have to give up the last shred of my pride?

She didn't want to.

But she had to.

Later that evening when Suk-Jin entered the room—she could only tell by looking out the windows behind him—to bring her her food, she thanked him for the first time since she was taken there. Obviously, he was taken aback, having never expected the mumbled words of gratitude to ever be directed towards him so quickly. (Y/N) knew that Suk-Jin was a smart man, and that came from years of observance and being cautious. She knew that if she latched onto him too quickly, his suspicions about her motives would heighten.

She couldn't have that.

She'd have to start from the basics.

Turning away from him after he gave her the food, she begrudgingly began to eat, not once looking at or acknowledging him again.

But it was enough.

Even without looking at him, (Y/N) knew that Suk-Jin was more than pleased by the surprising turn of events. She had realized far earlier that he would do anything to please her—of course, as long as it was within the bounds of making sure she was always with him. This meant that if giving her food drew some sort of response, then he would come by more often, and in time, such actions would draw out his trust naturally.

And all because of a little 'thank you.'

    "Can't you turn around, (Y/N)?" Suk-Jin asked sweetly, honey practically dripping from his words with how sugary he said it.

    She didn't.

    But then, ever so slowly, her face half-turned towards where he sat. It wasn't much, but it was an acknowledgement of what he said—of his presence. A smirk crawled itself onto his lips since he believed that before too long, (Y/N) would be sitting prettily in his palm like he had always desired. She would finally be his once she submitted to him, and that day would be relishing.

    He could hardly contain his elation at the thought, his fingers trembling.

    But he refrained from showing too much.

    He didn't want to give away his plans.

    Though, he didn't know.

    He already had.