Chapter14: Becoming An Immortal

Chapter 14

As soon as we stepped inside the Changing room and Jane had closed the door, Jasper laid me down on the spacious, king sized, soft bed. My Master Aro stood by the side and gazed at me intently. Now, I'm betting he's busy thinking and guessing of what will my gift be after I become a vampire. I jerked my head towards Jasper who had just sat on the bed, taking my hand in his. I sat up and stared into his liquid topaz eyes. Getting lost in those warm, hypnotizing eyes. Finally, he held me closer to his body and he caressed my face gently. In those touches he had given me, I can feel his undying love for me  radiating from him. I smiled at him and without any warning, he crushed his lips to mine. he was completely not embarrass to kiss me in front of Aro and little Jane who I've been noticing was stealing glances to his Master. Jasper was proud that he's showing them that I belong to him and always will be. Jasper's lips moved synchronized with mine, our kiss was passionate, gentle and full of love. When we broke away, I was breathing hard and blushing ten shades of red.

" Bella. " 

" Jasper. " I breathed.

" Always remember that I will be here for you and that I will love you for the rest of the eternity. " Jasper promised, his cold hands were holding the back of my head.

" I will, Jasper. I will love you too for the rest of the eternity after I'll be changed. " I promised him back. I flashed him a warm smile and dissolved in his arms when he embraced me. I pulled away and announced.

" I'm ready, Master. Jasper, are you? "

" Yes, Bella. Master, shall I start? " Jasper said.

" Go on. Jane and I will be right behind you in case things got out of hand. " Aro said.

Jasper seemed to relax at that and now, I was hearing the noisy beating of my heart, like that of a hummingbird. I nodded at Jazz encouragingly and then he leaned down my neck. I could feel his breathing on my skin. The scent that came off his skin helped me relaxed my mind. And then.....

He bit down my neck. 

His bite teared my skin and then I could feel the venom travel inside me. It felt hot but as the seconds ticked by it had gotten more hotter. The heat was so real it was hard to believe it.

Hotter now.

Too much hot.

Much, much too hot.

It felt like grabbing the wrong end of a curling iron-- my automatic response was to drop the scorching thing in my hand. But I couldnt, there was nothing in my hands. The heat was inside me. The burning grew-- rose, peaked and rose again until it surpassed anything Ive ever felt. I felt the pulse raging now inside my chest.

Burning every vein inside me, every bone, every artery. I screamed and thrash. The pain was excruciating. 

Bewildering. 

This was something I could not handle. Water! I need water! Shut the fire off inside me. Now! 

I could hear Jasper apologizing, though there was nothing he had done wrong. Aro, saying he did great and Jane who was well, quiet. Perhaps, loving the sight of me screaming helplessly. Little Jane loves to see someone in pain, in torture, like I was. 

Everything flashed in my eyes, despite the fire that was going on inside me, I saw the first day when I met Edward, when I asked Jessica who were those myterious, beautiful teenagers, I remembered when Charlie and I ate dinner together, when Edward finally talked to me. Of How I fall for him. Baseball with his family. Introducing me to Alice, Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper. Carlisle. Esme. When we encountered James. Victoria, Laurent. All of them appearing in my very eyes. They were my human memories, as now Im turning into a vampire. Jacob, my best friend. When he died in the hands of Victoria. Kisses and touches, hugs that Edward and I shared. promises of forever spoken in  his lips. My obsession with him. Best friend bonding time with Alice. Emmett teasing me all the time, like a big brother wuld do to his little sister. When Edward left me, how I sulked and moped all the time. Of how I wanted to die until Jasper and Demetri came to me. When Jasper revealed to me the truth of who was really his mate. When I felt in love with him instantly. When we fought Victoria in the Forks High School Gym, in the plane, Demetri reading my William Shakespeare paperbacks, stealing a purple Porsche, me eating cheeseburger on the way to Volterra. Meeting the Volturi at last, Jane inflicting a bit of her gift on me.  Everything. 

Burning. The pain was excruciating I repeat for the second time. Bewildering. Unexplainable. It was blistering painfully. Inside me was raging. 

I was kicking, thrashing and screaming. 

The flame inside me was celebrating. 

The endless burn raged on inside me.

It could have been seconds, days, weeks, or months or years or decades even, but eventually time came to mean something again. I can tell two things. One, time restarted, and two, I got stronger. I could feel the control of my body come back to me in increments , and those increments were my first markers of time passing. I knew it when I was able to move my fingers, toes, but I did not act on it. Though the fire did not decrease one degree, in fact, I began to develop a new capacity for going through it, a new sensitivity to appreciate, separately, each blistering falme that licked through my veins.

I had just enough strength to lie here on the spacious bed unmoving while I was charred alive. It seemed as if I must be a pile of charred bones by now. Every cell in my body had been razed to ashes. It felt like my hopes, my dreams had just drowned but then.. the hopelessness vanished when I heard the most important person to me spoke.

" It's the third day, she must be waking anytime now. " I heard Jasper's musical, velvet voice sliced through the air.

" Yes. She might be. " Little Jane's magic voice said.

And I heard Aro moved at my side. I heard the swish of the fabric when he moved, rubbing against itself. Suddenly, I could hear EVERYTHING. 

" Perfect. " Aro said and clapped his hands together.

-----------------------------------------------------

cliffhanger much? haha.  :)))))) please comment on this chapter.