Chapter29: Aftermath

Chapter 29

Jasper carried me to our room and he told me everything.

He told me that not one single Volturi had been hurt. And that was very fine, my family were safe. The Cullens, and the other vampires were also fine. I smiled at him in relief. But then, newly charged of another powerful gift, I could no longer keep silent. I need to tell Jasper since he kept bugging me about the amazing thing that happened while the Russian Newborns and the Volturi and other vampires were fighting.

" Jazz. " I muttered as he cradled me in his arms and as we looked into each other's eyes.

" I need to tell you something. " I added and Jasper kissed me before he told me to go on.

" Do you know Landon? And Jermaine? " I asked him and he nodded knowingly.

" Yes, love. Why? "

" Jermaine. Okay, here it goes.. during the war, Jermaine told me to go with her. At the highest turret overlooking the whole city of Volterra. So we went there. I went there confused, reluctant. But then, when I knew Jermaine's gift, I felt a surge of hope rushed through me." I paused and stared hard in his crimson eyes.

" Interesting, love. Go on. " Jasper said and he kissed me on the forehead. For a brief moment, I smiled and even battled with my self whether I should tell him what happened or I will just have to kiss him until morning.

" Her gift was to channel a certain group of people and hurt them physically. " I said in a clear voice and I slowly pulled away from Jasper's grasp to sit. He looked at me, curiousity dancing in his glinting red eyes.

" She is powerful Bella. How come she is not with the High Council Guard? " Jasper asked.

I ignored his question and went on with my story.

" Jermaine told me that the two of us can take down all those Russian Newborns. So, Jermaine channeled all the Russian vampires, the newborns, and then she snapped off their heads. " I said and Jasper sprang from his seat.

" That explains the amazing thing I'm telling you earlier. When an unseen force ripped off their heads and burned them to ashes.  " Jasper said.

" Yes love. " 

" Go on. " jasper said.

" I'm the one who burned them. " I said with a proud hint on my voice.

Jasper scooped me up in his arms and he hugged me and then we kissed.

When we pulled away, I told Jasper that I was not yet through.

" I though you were done. " Jasper prompted.

" No, I'm not. Now, listen very closely. " I said and I found my place on his lap. Jasper smirked.

" When it was finished, Jermaine told me that she's leaving the Volturi. And she's going to a place where there was no danger. Jermaine also told me that she's going to leave something. Just for me. And when she said she'll leave her gift to me, I was shocked. I mean, it's very impossible. " I paused again because Jasper was chattering like a monkey. 

" Leaving a gift? Like, transferring a gift? But why would she do that? Our gifts are very unique and useful. Why give up her gift? " Jasper said.

" Listen to me first. I don't know why she left her gift to me. "

" How did she exactly left her gift with you? "

" Landon. He went to us and boom. Jermaine told me that his gift was to transfer a vampire's gift to another. So he transferred it. When it was finished, white hot surge of energy traveled through me. Then they said goodbye and...they were gone. " I finished the story with a flourish of my hand.

" You have her gift?!?!  " Jasper asked, astounded.

" Yes. " I answered nonchalantly.

Jasper held me in his arms as he say congratulations and then we kissed and kissed.We talked about many other things. Hours had passed when we heard footsteps outside and we inhaled the unmistakable scent of a Volturi. 

" Come in. " I hollered when the Volturi knocked.

The door of our room opened and Sari was revealed in the doorway. Her eyes were black. She was thirsty.

" All of the High Council Volturi Guards are to be reported in the Main Room. " Sari said.

" Okay. " Jasper and I chorused and we stood up from our grand king sized bed and wore our Volturi Black cloak.

" Let's go Bella. " Jasper said as he offered his hand for  me to take.

" Yeah. " I whispered and then we made our way to the Main Room.

When we arrived in there, all of the Guards were present. The Masters were serious. All of their faces were anxious.

And that's when I realized something was wrong, there were screams inside. And there were bodies sprawled on the floor, kicking, thrashing, they were going through the process of becoming a deadly predator.

" These are the people bitten by the Russian Newborns. " Edward's velvet voice sounded from beside me. 

I whirled around and saw Edward, his clothes were tattered but other than that, he was fine. Good as new. I hurled myself at Edward.

" It's good to see you okay. " I muttered.

" Thank you Bella. " Edward replied as he shot Jasper a grin.

The two brothers talked with each other as I wandered around the room. Looking around to see myself if everyone's okay. I saw Esme, Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, Carlisle, Felix, Demetri, Jane, Alec, Afton and Chelsea. They were good. I felt relief washed over me.

Someone poked me in the waist and saw little Jane smiling peacefully at me. I hugged her. And I recalled that she told me she was mated to Master Aro.

" How are things with you and Aro? " I asked, amused.

Little Jane just smiled at me and she laughed an ear piercing shriek.

" Hey, Im asking you something. " I said and sneered.

" We'l talk about that very soon Bella. Not now, since.. since..everything's a mess. " Jane said then she kissed me softly on the cheek and went to join her brother with Santiago who were moving the thrashing and kicking bodies to another room.

" Isabella. " 

It was Aro. His voice was delighted, worried.

I turned around to see him grinning down on me. I smiled.

I decided it was time to tell what was the explanation behind the " amazing thing" that happened during the war. All the Volturi members and guards were calling it the " Amazing Thing " and Jasper is the only one who knows what really is the true story.

" Master Aro. I have to tell you something. " I said and his eyes shone dangerously.

" Hmmhhpp. "

Master Aro moved closer to me then he held my palm. And I let it all out.

Jermaine with her silver hair shining, big red eyes, and pale, luminous skin. She looked exactly like a fifteen year old.

" I know this girl. Jermaine Whitlock. " Master Aro whispered.

But my eyes widened. Jermaine Whitlock? Is she related to my husband? Maybe she's his sister. But I snapped back to my thoughts. 

" Be still with your thoughts Isabella. " Aro pleaded and I relaxed as I let out all my thoughts.

hello guys! i just uploaded since Wattpad crashed down for like...2 or 3 days. Hope you like the newest chapter. comment, vote, fan. :))

xoxoxoxo,

dianneyTheWriter