Chapter21: Catching Up

Chapter 21

Everyone fell silent and speechless at Edward's compliment. There was so much tension. But I have to break it up.

" Thanks Eddie. "  I said and they all broke out in a shaky laughter.

" Not you too! "  Edward grimaced at my name calling to him. " Emmett's calling me that too. And it's a pretty yucky name. He added.

" Oh really Edward? Sorry. " I said and I felt Jasper's lips pressed onto my face. I giggled.

I guess, after all, Jasper's been pretty calm and content about my feelings, and of Edward's and Alice too. Since I have laid my eyes on Edward when they arrived a few hours ago, I never felt weird or anything. Like some old feelings crept back  inside my dead heart? No.

Esme and Carlisle excused themselves from the table we were sitting at to get some " wine " or what we call fresh mountain lion's blood for vegetarians and human blood for..well, my kind. Those who don'y live off by animal's blood. They came back a few minutes later with Aro and a lovely, beautiful woman who was linking arms with him. I bet this is his wife, Sulpicia.

" Master! " I called out.

His look landed on me and he lightened up.

" My dear Bella! Enjoying the little reunion? AND OH, you're so much proud to be a Volturi! " He said while pointing to my necklace. 

" Oh yes, MAster. Very proud. " I beamed at him and he nodded at me.

" Bella, you're really into this huh?" Like my best friend she was before, or like now.. Alice asked me when Aro turned away with his wife as he and CArlisle and Esme conversed with each other.

" Yes Alice. This is my loyalty now..aside from the Cullens of course. " I said.

" Yeah, but you know what? In case, you'll change your minds or you need a vacation, JAzzy and you will still be welcome into our home, at Alaska. " Alice said, showing off her white teeth that gleamed like little jewels.

" SUre thing Alice. " I replied as Rosalie and Emmett got up from the chairs to dance at the Center Hall. Leaving me Jasper, Alice, and Edward behind.

" Jasper. " Edward's firm velvet voice sliced through the air.

Jasper looked up from studying my hand to Edward's intimate eyes.

" Yes, Edward? " Jasper asked. He seemed bored? No. Anxious?

But my guess were proven wrong when he added,

" I mean Eddie? " 

" Shut up Jazz. " Edward grunted and the two of them looked like idiots.

" I guess we have forgiven each other now, eh? " Edward said while he looked at Jasper.

Alice smiled and she kissed Edward on the cheek. 

" Yes. " Jasper answered shortly. " So far, I didn't feel anything disturbant emotions  from the two of you which is good. I half expected that we end up killing each other here. You know, what I mean. " 

" Yes. Me too. I expected Bella to strangle me. But she didnt, in fact she hugged me like she was some kind of my long lost sister or best friend. " Edward said looking at me thoughtfully.

" Yes, I saw that one. " Jasper said.

" Uhm.. HEllo? Alice and me are here. " I interrupted causing them to look at me quizzically.

Alice rolled her adorable, golden butterscotch eyes, the kind of eyes I should be having if Jasper and me will go back with them. At Alaska. No human blood. No Volturi. CUT IT OUT BELLA! What are you thinking? Volterra is your home now. And the Volturi are now your family! The Cullens were..like.. just your second family.