Chapter19: Fire Girl

Chapter 19

I realized now that I'd long ago given up any aspirations of shining at anything. I just did the best with what I had, never quite fitting into my world. So this was really different. I was amazing now - both to them and to myself. It was like I had been born to be a vampire. The idea made me want to laugh, but it also made me want to sing. I had found my true place in the world, the place I fit, the place I shined. And plus for the fact that I had gotten myself a unique gift. Fire manipulation or Pyrokinesis. I'm immune to fire and that means I won't die in fire. I would die when someone will rip my head off. Together, Jane and I would make a strong and unbeatable duo as personal guards to Master Aro. I smiled at thought. 

" Bella? What are you smirking at? " Jane, who was fixing my hair for the party asked me.

" Nothing, Jane. I was just, happy. " I answered back.

I saw her smile in her reflection at the mirror and continued to fix my hair in a tight ponytail. Jane was dressed in a long, flowy, dark crimson strapless gown. She looked like a fine, young lady. Her usual blonde, yellow hair in a bun, was now wore down. Spilling on her chalky, flawless shoulders. Her gold high heels fitted her little feet Little Jane looked seductive. 

I suddenly blurted out a question that I really didnt mean to speak out loud.

" Jane? Are you and Demetri still together? " 

" Oh. Not anymore. Besides, we really don't love each other. Chelsea just manipulated our relationship. It's disgusting. " Jane said in a blank tone.

I turned my head to look at her but she just jerked my head back to its original place so she could make the last finishing touches on my hair. I was still dress in my fine, black Volturi cloak. The necklace hanging peacefully on my neck. 

" There. Its done. What do you think? " Jane said as she moved in front of me.

" It's perfect Jane. Thank you. " I answered as I stood up from the stool.

" We're not yet done. First, get dress and we will apply make up on our faces." Jane suggested. I nodded at her and she told me to go and choose what dress I want at the wardrobe at the end of the room we were in. I proceeded there and gasp musically as I saw expensive and beautiful gowns and dresses. I searched for a blue one. After a few seconds, I fished out a short, silky dark blue dress. I hurried to Jane and showed it to her. Like some childhood best friends, we gushed at the dress and she impatiently told me to wear it, which I did.

" Bella. You look stunning. And very beautiful! More beautiful than Heidi or Chelsea! " Jane said. I thanked her and I did twirls wearing my silky, dark blue dress. 

" Let's get your make up on, newborn! I mean... Fire girl! Hahaha! " Jane teased and I sat on the stool again as she dabbed mascara, eyeliners, some powder on my face and eyes and bloody red lipstick on my full lips. When she was done, I rose from the stool.

" Well? We're both done. Uh, Bella? Do you want to change the necklace you're wearing just in change for the party? " Jane asked.

I grabbed the Volturi crest pendant and held it close to my unbeating heart.

" No! I love this. And Im proud to wear it too. " I said. Not stammering anymore. Perfect.

" You're right...which made me changed my mind. " Jane said as she fished out her Volturi necklace from the drawer and hung it on her neck, replacing the tiny, silver heart necklace she was wearing.

" Where's Jasper? " I asked. I miss him already.

" He's with Demetri now at the Grand hall. " Jane said as she dabbed more bloody red lipstick on her full lips.