Chapter20: Talk with the Cullens

Chapter 20

I inhaled a lungful of her scent. Such perfume that I can't classify. I felt the stares thrown at me from everyone in the Grand Hall. 

" Alice! I miss you so much! God! It's really you! " I gushed, when I pulled away from her and marveled at her fairy-like beauty.  She stared at me with wide eyes. She looked shock and stricken.

" Bella? You're supposed to be furious at me. You're supposed to despise me and hate me forever. " Alice whispered while she looked into my red, crimson eyes.

" Oh. I know right, ALice. But I have no right to be mad at you. Becuase you and Edward belonged together. And Jasper and me are destined to be with each other for the rest of our lives.I have nothing to do for that. " I told her and flickered my eyes to Edward who was standing behind her. 

" Edward. " I muttered.

" Bella. I'm so sorry. " He apologized. He moved away from Alice towards me. 

I smiled at him and engulfed him in a hug. His scent was still the same. Unnamed expensive perfume. 

" That's okay Edward. That was so long ago. " I said as I rubbed his back. When we pulled away, Aro was watching us with amused eyes.

" I can see that you're doing your little reunion out there. Well, enjoy. " Aro said and he walked away as he took Jane's hand. 

I looked at Carlisle and Esme, smiling at me. 

" Carlisle, Esme. I missed you both. " I said as I went to them and gave Carlisle and Esme a kiss on the cheek and a hug. 

" Bella, dear. We missed you so much too. " Esme muttered.

" Bella. Our family was a wreck when we left you. " Carlisle said.

" Aww.. Carlisle, sorry. " I apologized. Though I know I have nothing to apologize to.

I went over to Emmett who was sporting a goofy grin on his handsome face. I threw myself at him and hugged him like crazy. I really miss this guy.

" Emmett! Big Brother! "

" Little sister Bella! I missed you so much! "

Rosalie stepped out from Emmett's grasp and glared at me like a bitch like she was before. 

" Idiot. You really transformed into a monster. " She commented but she hugged me like a sister.

" Rosalie! I missed you too! " I told her when we pulled apart form the hug.

" So what's your ability? Do you have one? " She asked me cheerily.

I concentrated on fire and willed myself to let the flames out of my palms....and eyes. When I held my hands open, the blue flames cackled and the Cullens gasp as they moved their gazes from my hands to my eyes.

" What? " i asked stupidly.

" Your eyes are burning, Bella. " Edward said. So, he's talking to me now. that's good. We're like long lost friends.

" Really? " I asked again.

" Yes Bellie. " Emmett said and he laughed.

" Fire manipulation, that's a unique and very useful gift. " Carlisle said as he looked intently at me.

" Yeah. Pyrokinesis. " I uttered.

" VEry useful BElla. Congratulations! " Rosalie beamed at me.

I felt a little anger stirred up somewhere inside when I heard him call me Bellie. 

" Hey Bella. Relax " Jasper, for the first time, spoke. He must've felt my anger.

I laughed and the sound was bells. We moved on to sit to a larger table. Jasper beside me and... ROsalie was on the other side. 

I was chatting with Alice, Esme and ROsalie but I could hear Jasper and Edward, Carlisle, and Emmett talking about the " switching mates" thingy. I threw each of them a smile and they smiled back. One hour had passed when the topic we were talking about has reached our new lifestyle.

" So, you have joined the Volturi. " Carlisle said.

" Yes, CArlisle. " Both me and Jasper said,.

" I' ve seen that before Carlisle. Even before I met Jasper. " Alice said beside Esme and Edward.

" You're scary now little sister! " Emmett boomed with laughter. Rosalie and Esme joined in.

" Are you two sure of your decisions? " Rosalie asked carefully.

Jasper and I looked into each other's eyes. There were flickers of uncertainty and firm reflections.

" For now, Yes. " Jasper said as he looked at Edward apologetically. Edward patted him on the back and he smiled his crooked grin. I'm glad to see them well and good again.

" Bella? " Edward asked out.

'' Same with Jasper's answer. "

" Your eyes are going to be a fiery shade of red for the rest of existence. " Carlisle said sadly.

" Sorry Carlisle. We didnt mean to disappoint you. " I said softly.

He smiled gloomy at me.

" That's alright Bella. It's not me to make for your decisions. it's for yourselves. " He said.

I nodded at him and turned my gaze to Jasper. He leaned in and gave me a three second, passionate sweet kiss.

Alice applauded which made me to stare at her.

" You two looked cute together. " She said as Edward's hands squeezed her hands on the table.

" Bella's proud to be a Volturi member of the Volturi guard. " Edward said as he pointed the Volturi crest resting on my chest.

" Yeah. Aro made me his personal guard. And he also made me a part of the Volturi High Council. Jasper too " I reported. All of them gawked at me and aftrwards, telling me Congratulations again. 

" Well. I have some training to look forward to tomorrow. " I said and all of them agreed with me.

" Bella? I have a question. Edward too. " Rosalie pointed out.

" Yeah? " Edward asked first.

" CAn you now read Bella's mind? " She asked hopefully.

" Sadly, no. " Edward smirked. 

" Is there something wrong with my brain? Is there a glitch or something.? "

" No Bella. But i bet you have another ability." Carlisle said.

" What is it? "

" Mental Shield maybe. " HE replied I smiled and turned to Rosalie.

" How long have you been a newborn vampire now. ? "

" One day. I just woke up this morning. " I said.

" Whaaat?!?!?" Emmett gasped.

" YEah. Why? "

" Its just that BElla... You are full of self control. " CArlisle commented.

" MAster Aro said that also. " Jasper said.

They nodded at me and Jasper. But still, with shocked expressions on their face.

" When's the wedding? " Alice asked.

" Wedding? Oh right. BElla and me still havent planned. " Jasper replied.

" Yeah. We still havent figured out that one. " I said.

" Just call me if  it's planned already. Esme, Rosalie, and me will organize the wedding. " Alice volunteered.

" Ditto, sister. " Rosalie said as her eyebrows went up and she smiled a dazzling smile.

" Why, thank you very much for that. " I said.

" Welcome. " The three of them responded.

" Bella looks like a goddess. Her beauty is stunning, striking, and dazzling. " Edward said. Uh. Did he really said that?