II. speeding ticket

CHAPTER TWO
SPEED TICKET

"i know his family left town around the time theo was nine or ten." stiles informed his dad and his sister, walking into noah's office at the police station.

valencia sat watching stiles from the small couch in the corner of the room, eating what was meant to be deputy parrish's cookies.

"his older sister died in an accident when he was eight." stiles added as he closed the office door behind him.

"please go to school, the both of you." noah sighed at the two kids he raised, "and stop eating jordan's food."

valencia looked up at noah innocently and shrugged with a cookie hanging out of her mouth. the girl put the packet of cookies onto the table beside her and wiped any crumbs from around her mouth.

"dad this kid's a werewolf." stiles added with a serious look on his face. valencia was confused on why stiles was so worked up on theo.

"your best friend is a werewolf." noah furrowed his eyebrows at his son. "you are dating a were-coyote. i still don't know what kira's supposed to be. your sister right over there is a witchy-werewolf magic person!"

"actually, i'm a mage-werewolf hybrid." valencia corrected noah, jumping up from her comfortable position on the couch and walking over to the father and son.

noah shook his head and looked down with a chuckle. "what even is a mage, valencia. i cannot keep up with all this supernatural drama."

valencia smiled at noah and patted him on the shoulder. "don't worry, noah. a mage is just someone who has magical powers. i was born a mage and i was bit by a werewolf meaning when i was bit i retained my powers."

the three stood in silence for a minute as noah glanced in between the two teenagers infront of him. "but isn't that the same as a witch?"

valencia looked to stiles to back her up, seen as stiles is the most supernaturally knowledgable of them all.

"a witch is normally known to be a bad person, dad." stiles informed noah, stiles knew valencia hated being called a witch because she identified witches as cruel and evil. "realistically the proper word for her is mage but you can refer to mage's as white witches."

noah raised his eyebrow, "a white witch? what, like a snow witch?"

stiles and valencia groaned frustratedly with noah and the man scratched the back of his head. "look, when flying monkeys come soaring through this station you will have my undivided attention. until then, just go to school."

stiles interrupted noah, pointing up to his face curiously. "what did you do?" stiles asked, valencia looked at the man confused by what stiles meant.

"what?" noah stuttered, "what do you mean, 'what did i do?'"

"there's something different about you." stiles muttered as he looked down at his feet.

"what are you talking about?" noah and stiles hadn't even realised valencia grab stiles jeep keys and wander over to the office door.

stiles walked up to noah and sniffed his shirt. "what is it? what's different?"

"for the love of god stiles! just go to school." noah almost yelled at his son, gently pushing him backwards slightly.

"i will go if you promise to do a full background check of the raekens." stiles tried to make a deal with noah, raising his arms in the air.

valencia rolled her eyes at the mention of the raekens again, what was stiles obsession, what did he see wrong with them?