XXVII. reunion

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
REUNION

"alright. you heard a voice coming through the radio." noah stilinski started to speak as he closed his office door and made his way over to his desk. "and now you're convinced that it's the voice of..." noah trailed off.

"stiles." scott finished for noah, leaning forward with his hands on the office desk. valencia and scott stood opposite noah, explaining to him what had happened the previous night in the jeep. "your son."

silence fell upon the three and valencia could see the unconvinced expression on noah's face, looking at the kids as if they had five heads. the man stood with his arms crossed over his chest and he held a serious posture, not believing a word that came from the teenagers mouths.

"uh-huh. and maybe it's just a random signal cross?" noah told scott and valencia felt doubtful that they weren't going to be able to convince him and noah was going to believe them.

scott let out a heavy sigh, glancing at valencia who looked just as worried as he did. valencia grabbed something out of her pocket, slamming it down on the desk. the keys to the jeep that belonged to stiles.

"peter gave us the keys to the jeep," scott explained to noah. "and it started right up. claudia's jeep."

noah looked down at the keys for a moment before whipping his head up with annoyance. "oh, wait, wait. so now i'm supposed to trust peter hale?" noah asked, beginning to grow angry.

"we want you to trust us!" valencia yelled at noah who looked surprised at the young girls sudden outburst. truth was, valencia was really struggling and she just really wanted her brother back as soon as possible. "we heard stiles on that radio. i'm sure of it. if you had heard it too..."

"well, i didn't." noah cut valencia off and the girl shook her head with glossy eyes. it was almost like noah was pushing reality away, like he didn't want to face the truth.

"yeah, but if you had-" scott joined in but was quickly cut off by noah who was fed up with the teenagers already.

"enough, scott! enough." noah yelled at the young mccall boy, placing his hand down on the keys and pushing them towards scott. scott grabbed a hold of them with a disappointment but he knew noah wasn't changing his mind about anything. he lifted the keys in his hands and shoved them back into his back pocket.

"scott." valencia turned to scott and forced a reassuring smile on her face. "just give us a minute, please." valencia told scott who nodded his head and walked out of the room.

valencia turned back to noah, the man running a hand down his face. he let out a heavy breath, sliding down into his office chair. valencia watched the man she called her father, rub his forehead to calm himself down.

"why don't you believe us?" valencia finally asked, breaking the deafening silence in the office room. valencia fiddled with a ring on her finger, her heart only hurting more when she remembered that the ring was given to her by stiles for her sweet sixteen. "why don't you believe me?"

noah stayed silent, not speaking up to answer the questions asked by the young girl who couldn't believe that noah was doubting her. valencia shook her head and let a scoff fall from her lips.

"you think i'm crazy, don't you?" valencia asked with furrowed eyebrows, crossing her arms over her chest. noah slowly put his hand down, looking up at his daughter. he looked almost like he felt bad. but that meant nothing to valencia, because he didn't believe her.
"i can't believe you. you know, i really thought i was going crazy? i did. but i wasn't, i'm not. my brother was taken away from me and i'm going to get him back, whether you believe me or not."