Chapter 1

Emerald green grass swayed in the breeze, it was the warmest time of the year in this place. It was a vast and great land, with potential to grow further. This land was home to the purple snow topped mountains, where the magic of this land was born, from the dragons. The snow was glittering on the mountains, sparks of the magic lived within the snow. A great river flowed from the base of the mountains. It sparkled a crystal blue, where in the spring it was home to the pink rainbow cod that lived there. In the summer the lake was perfect for swimming in. The hot sun warmed it, like a hot spring. The grass surrounded the farming district of the land, where in the middle stood a vast castle.

The castle was made of pure rubies and yellow diamonds. The surfaces of all the castle were smooth. It looked down over a smaller stream that went directly into the ocean. A vast sanded courtyard was situated outside the castle. A marble white fountain stood proud in the courtyard. The statue in the middle of the fountain was of a dragon. It was fierce, strong and proud. This land that stood so proud and strong was Mars.

The people of Mars had all been blessed with magic from this land, everyone had a special power in their lives, and some had small powers that anyone can learn, but some were blessed with more complex powers that no one can learn. Mars has been and always will be known the land of the Dragon, and where the chosen one lived.

Sunlight poured over this exotic land, everywhere the sun touched the world came to life; it didn't take long until it focused on a snow, white window, which belonged to its very own princess, Midnight Dragon. It sought out Midnight Dragon; the golden rays pushed past her curtains, and slowly began to warm her bed, before reaching her delicate eyes.

Her eyelids fluttered opened revealing two diamond blue eyes, a small yet large smile swept across her pale skin. She threw her duvet off her so fast, that she was by her window before it hit her bed again, and threw open the curtains. Allowing the sun to rule even more than the land. In the suns' glorious present her radical red highlights danced in the suns' rays, her black hair never looked dull in this land. As she bathed in the sun she didn't notice two hands moving towards her.

A pair of tanned hands covered her eyes; a sharp gasp erupted from her mouth. Midnight Dragon spun round and found two dark, deep, hazelnut eyes staring deep into her soul. These beauties belonged to her beautiful mother, and Queen of Mars, Melissa. "Happy birthday my princess," Queen Melissa said to Midnight Dragon. The smile on Midnight Dragons' face expanded to the sides of her faint sugar plum pink cheeks.

Mother and daughter walked hand in hand onto the balcony in Midnight Dragons' room. Queen Melissa stared into the distance of this great land, where the purple snow topped mountains gleamed; her fiery red shoulder length hair glistened under the suns' power. "See you downstairs soon sweetie, there's a surprise waiting for you," Melissa explained to Midnight Dragon. Before Midnight Dragon could ask what, the surprise was, her mother was already out of the door. It was like she was never there to begin with. Midnight Dragon took in once more the great land that she lived in, the grass was a beautiful emerald green; the air smelt of lavender and cherry blossom.

After choosing a bright satin red dress, Midnight Dragon ran down the winding black iron staircase, right into the main dining room. As she entered the room, it was dark and gloomy, even the evilest creatures from hell wouldn't venture here. Breathing hard and fast Midnight Dragon moved very slowly, her feet hardly made a sound on the cold marble floor. She was like a spider not leaving a trace of her presence. The only light that crept through the room was a small egg white candle.

It wasn't long 'til Midnight Dragon was in the middle of the dingy room, when a loud crash of the door slamming behind her. Midnight Dragon looked behind her, but saw nothing. She turned back to stare at the candle. Three pairs of ghostly hands jumped out of the shadows, dragging Midnight Dragon towards them, leaving the world she knew.