Chapter 12

Kimmy slowly twitched and opened her eyes, the atmosphere was different and strange around her. It didn't look like Denver anymore. She rolled over on to her stomach, to find a large castle in front of her. She was lying in what looked like a large garden. She rubbed her left hand on her right arm, her skin felt like ice. Nothing felt normal anymore.

She moved towards the fountain in the garden, she looked down at her reflections in the pond in front of her. At least she still looked the same. Before she moved away she had one last look at herself, which is when a shiver went down her spine. She finally realised that she was no longer Kimmy anymore, but Midnight Dragon.

She had forgotten what she really looked like, and who she really was. Her emotions were all over the place. Another thing un-nerved Midnight Dragon, which was the fact that there were no other people around. Very quickly she moved closer to the castle, as she neared the doors they opened on their own. Midnight Dragon took a quick look behind her but still no one was there. She moved around the castle very slowly, just in case anyone jumped out, or anything. It was cold inside, the air looked grey around her. As she ventured further into the castle. Before Midnight Dragon knew it, she felt like she should go upstairs, something was calling her to go there.She was drawn into a large bedroom; all the furniture was covered up white sheets. The walls were a deep shade of royal blue, with a red border around it. There in the middle of the room was a king-sized bed, also wrapped in white sheets. The curtains were a horrible wine velvet. The room felt very familiar to Midnight Dragon, like it used to be hers.

Midnight Dragon swept her fingers over the keys of the piano in the corner of the room. The melody strangely put her at ease. Very slowly Midnight Dragon's fingers started to play a song, as she looked out though the dusty window. Moments passed by as she played the piano. "You were always creative in everything you did."

The voice came out of nowhere, Midnight Dragon's heart thumped loudly against her chest. Her fingers had paused over the keys, her eyes shifted around the room. Very slowly she realized someone was standing behind her. She turned around to find a beautiful woman standing there. Her hair was a fiery red, her eyes were deep hazelnut brown. The same paleness that Midnight Dragon wore this woman also had. She wore a silver satin slim dress. On top of her head was a golden crown filled with rubies, emeralds, sapphires and diamonds that sparkled when the light caught it. She knew she had seen this woman before, but couldn't seem to remember.

"Look at you all grown up before me, but the lasttime I really saw you properly was so long ago, I can tell that youdon't recognise me. I am your mother, Queen Melissa. It's a shame that we never spent a lot of time together," her voice sounded like velvet. "My mother is dead. So how can I be seeing you then if you are my mother?" Midnight Dragon was very confused, with seeing this woman in front of her, claiming to be her mother. Queen Melissa took a deep breath in before she answered. "You don't know, do you?"

The look on Midnight Dragon's face told Queen Melissa everything that she was unaware of what was going on. "Midnight Dragon you're, how can I say this. You're dead Midnight Dragon," Queen Melissa said this quietly, but Midnight Dragon heard every word. "Here I can show you proof too," Queen Melissa told her as she stepped forward towards to her.

She produced a transparent ball in front of Midnight Dragon, who automatically took it, and looked deep into it. And she couldn't believe what she saw.

Back on Earth...

Meanwhile Sean was sitting in a pew starring at the open black wooden coffin. Inside laid Kimmy's body, lying so perfectly still eyes tightly closed. Sean's eyes lingered on her face, taking in every little detail of her beauty. Her red highlights in her hair had dulled, they looked like they had lost their life as well. Her pale skin looked like white marble, with no sign of the apple blossom tinge in her cheeks or lips returning. The warmth of her own special personality had disappeared along with her spirit.Sean slowly stroked the side of Kimmy's face one last time, before placing a sweet red rose over her hands. He knew nothing could bring her back. As he turned to leave the church before the coffin was closed, and ready to be placed in the ground. He turned back to the coffin and said. "I wished that I could have been there for you. To maybe have a life with you. Rest in peace, I will continue the fight for you."

Back with Midnight Dragon...

Midnight Dragon could bear to see no more and pulled herself away from the ball. "How do I go back?" she asked. Her voice was full of determination. "Well there is a way for you to go back. We still have time you haven't been dead long. You see returning a spirit to the body has a time limit. I must warn you that you must prepare yourself. You have many more battles to come, and you can only do this once," Queen Melissa explained. "What will happen, when I go back? Everyone thinks I'm dead, wouldn't that panic everyone?" Midnight Dragon felt confused. "When you return everyone, who is human will forget that you were dead. You also need to have a clear mind about everyone, Darkness will do everything to make sure you don't come back. You must go now! Before you are unable to return," Queen informed her. Midnight Dragon took a deep breath in, before stepping towards Queen Melissa. Queen Melissa summoned a large ball of orange light.The light expanded all around Midnight Dragon's body the light was warm. Her body slowly started to disappear. The last thing that Midnight Dragon saw was her mother's warm face she was smiling proudly at her. The smile made Midnight Dragon she felt like she had a slight connection with a part of her family now. Finally, she felt like she belonged somewhere. And then it all went black and cold.

The air was very stuffy when Midnight Dragon came to, however she was once again Kimmy. Very slowly her sight came back to her, the first thing she saw was the top of the coffin. Her sight was still a bit blurry, the more she blinked the more of the vision returned. Then she was hundred per cent sure that she was nestled in a coffin, and the panic began to set in. She had to do something sooner rather than later.

However, her eyes hurt and felt stiff. Kimmy began to raise her arms slightly, the pain of the stiffness of her body flowed throughout her. She grimaced through it, and starred at the coffin, trying to figure out how to get out. She noticed a weak spot in the middle of the coffin. She examined it very carefully to make sure that she could get out through the weak spot. Kimmy focused very carefully on that spot. Her fingers started to tingle, a bright yellow light erupted out of her finger tips. It broke a hole in the coffin. Earth filled the coffin fast; Kimmy scrambled her way out of the coffin, being very careful not to fall back into her grave.The weight of the dirt was trying to push her back into her early grave, but she moved quickly to get to the surface.

Her hand burst out of the ground, Kimmy pulled herself out of her very early grave. The cold air hit her fast, it felt nice and refreshing, but at the same time hard and painful. Her breathing was very quick and rapid, she pulled herself to her headstone, and lent against it. She very slowly got her breathing back to normal. Her legs wobbled, as Kimmy steadied herself she noticed her grave disappearing. But, that wasn't the only thing that caught her eye, a figure stood very close to her. She felt scared about seeing a figure near her, she knew she was weak. Kimmy was just getting used to being back on Earth, and not being a corpse.

The figure caught Kimmy's gaze and advanced towards Kimmy. Kimmy tried to move away, but fell over her own feet, she still wasn't that stable on her own two legs yet. She glanced at the figure. Cold sweat broke out on her forehead, she didn't want to go back into the ground, her breathing was raspy, and she didn't know what was going to happen. It wasn't long until the figure was standing over her, she saw its face. Relief flooded through, she knew she didn't have to be afraid anymore. "How? When did you get back?" The voice was full of shock, surprise and relief. "There was a window for me to be able to come back, and my time isn't over yet. It's just begun. And you are going to help me Blood Shot," she informed him.