Chapter 23

The city centre was quiet and deserted as she slowly walked back through it. Sadness returned, she may have won her battle and war, but she had lost Blood Shot. Somehow, she had made her way to a green field right out of the city centre, far away from Kimmy's house.

Midnight Dragon withdrew her sword and slammed it into the ground, she leant against the sword's handle. She finally let out a desperate cry, her hands shook on the sword. She knew she should be strong, and carry on with her life. But, the part she couldn't see anymore was her husband or even future children. That part of her life seemed to be over.

She sniffled as she thought about him, nothing could have seemed to comfort her. "I will always be with you. I love you Midnight Dragon, I always had," His last words of comfort still seemed like he was still around. The connection that the two of them had created was gone, she could not feel him. He was gone from this world, and nothing could bring him back. She willed for him to be back, but nothing happened.

Two soft hands appeared on hers as she leant against the sword. A gaspcame out of her mouth. Very quickly she turned around, and there stood BloodShot. She thought she was dreaming, he couldn't be here, they had noconnection. Blood Shot pulled her in for a deep, passionate kiss. Tears rolleddown her face as they kissed, her hands were on hisface and body. As he pulled away he looked deep into her eyes, a smile appeared on his face. "Before, you ask. I couldn't leave you, we are meant to be. I came back to you, and now I will never leave you again. This I promise you," he lovingly told her.

Midnight Dragon was still in shock that he was back, and alive. Blood Shot could sense that she had many more questions for him. He gestured that they both would return to Kimmy's first, Midnight Dragon nodded her head.

A few moments later Blood Shot and Midnight Dragon were back in Kimmy's bedroom. Before, any more questions could be asked Blood Shot's lips were back on hers. He threw her down onto her bedroom, and tore off her clothes. As her clothes were being removed, she was ripping his off. Both explored each other's bodies. She let out little gasps of moan as Blood Shot kissed her. She clawed at his back wanting more, Blood Shot didn't need to be told twice. They embrace into a passionate, fire filled love.

Once they had fulfilled themselves and eventually came up for air, Midnight Dragon's head rested on Blood Shot's chest. She didn't want to talk for a few minutes, she just wanted to take in every little of detail in. Blood Shot held Midnight Dragon close to him, his lips kissed her hair, as he looked at her, and held her.

The moments drifted by before Midnight Dragon spoke. "How did you getout alive? I need to know what happened, and why you did what you did?" shequestioned him. A small smile appeared on his face, he knew she had a lot ofquestions, but didn't know that she had that many. "Well, like I said I knew how to get out of there. I could have left with you, but I couldn't leave a place as dangerous as it was. I knew something needed doing. I took a small part of your power mix it with mine to create an energy ball, one that can destroy a planet, but if controlled will destroy it when you place it in the lair. The reason why I sent you away is because, you are important to the world and the universe. If you knew my plan I wouldn't have been able to get you back to Denver safely. My life was less important than yours, I got you out of there before anything happened. As soon as you were gone, I sat on the throne, thought of you and unleashed the energy," he explained to Midnight Dragon.

Before she could ask how he survived again, Blood Shot placed a finger on her lips. "I can show you, what happened next," he explained to her. He produced a purple orb with green flecks in it. Blood Shot and Midnight Dragon peered into the orb, and the past events unravelled.